This recipe for Japanese Seafood Pancake are absolutely delicious and easy to make.
I’m talking less than 20 minutes you can have these served hot on the table!
In North America most of us are familiar with the flour type pancakes that are converted in a sweet syrup right?
Well these pancakes are made in a similar way, however are much better.
This recipe, is a very popular recipe in most asian countries. And has become more popular over the years here in North America. If you have never tried it you’re sure to love this dish.
ARE JAPANESE PANCAKES HEALTHY
Yes, because most contain protein. Unlike the more familiar North American Pancake that just contains flour and sugars.
WHAT IS JAPANESE SEAFOOD PANCAKES
It is a batter mixture of flour, eggs and shredded cabbage that is cooked on a hot skillet. Then topped with sliced nori seaweed and green onions
Searing the pancakes in a skillet in a little butter is what gives it the crispy texture on the outside and tender juicy inside.
This is what pancake dreams are made of!
WHAT OTHER INGREDIENTS CAN GO INTO A JAPANESE PANCAKE
HOW TO MAKE JAPANESE SEAFOOD PANCAKE
I decided to throw in some chopped raw shrimp and scallops into these pancakes.
- Start by adding the shredded cabbage to the pre made flour batter.
- Along with the chopped seafood.
- Season to taste and fry on each side till golden brown.
- Top with the mentioned toppings in the recipe and enjoy hot!
And that is is folks, pretty easy and very very tasty!
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox every Month!
- 2 tbsp oil for frying
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 cups shredded green cabbage
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 large shrimp chopped finely
- 5 large scallops chopped finely
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 green onions
- 1 sheet of nori seaweed sliced
- 1 tbsp of Sriracha mayo
- 1 tbsp of Oyster Sauce
- Start by removing the outer leaves of the cabbage and then remove the core.
- Chop the cabbage in half and thinly slice it. Until you have 5 cups of shredded cabbage. (You can always use a food processor to do this job as well).
- In a small bowl add the flour and eggs and slowly add 1 tbsp of water at a time to ensure your able to blend the flour till it is smooth, somewhat like a pancake batter.
- Once smooth add soya sauce and sesame oil.
- Season and combine everything together with your hands till blended well.
- Then chop the shrimp and scallops into small pieces and toss into the blended flour mixture along with the shredded cabbage.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil up in a non stick pan over medium heat. Once hot add in approximately 1 cup of batter.
- Cook the pancake till golden brown on one side and then flip over.
- Once cooked, plate and top with chopped nori seaweed, green onions, syricha mayo and oyster sauce.
Drizzle with Sriracha mayo and Hoisin sauce.
Recipe adapted by: Justonecookbook
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 712Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 324mgSodium: 1382mgCarbohydrates: 74gFiber: 9gSugar: 12gProtein: 32g