- 4 Boneless chicken breasts
- 4 tbsp Cooking oil
- 2 tbsp Cream
- 1 tbsp Garlicchooped
- 1 large Tomatoechopped
- 6 small Green chileschopped
- 1/2 cup Cilantro
- 1 tbsp Ginger
- 1 cup Plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp Curry powder
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
Northern Indian food is known for its spices, and amazing curries and this dish does not fall short. I often use chicken breasts as a lower fat option for this recipe, but chicken thighs will work just as well. If you love curry dishes, as much as me then you are going to like this simple recipe. Its goes so good with basmati rice however if you want to make it extra special go ahead and make my Handmade Nana Bread enjoy!
- Stove Pot or Slow Cooker/Pressure Cooker
- or for the stove top method an Dutch oven, such as the Lodge Oven
To make the Chicken Curry:
- Pressure Cooker: Cook for approx. 10 minutes – after following the initial steps.
- Slow Cooker: Place on LOW for 2-3 hours HIGH for 3 hours. – after following the initial steps.
- Stove Top: Cook covered on low for 60 minutes. – after following the initial steps.
- Turn ON the Brown setting on your Cooker or Stove top & cook your diced chicken in your oil till browned.
- Transfer Chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Next add in your diced onion and cook till browned, then add in your garlic, and ginger and cook for one min.
- Add in the curry powder, cumin, turmeric, coriander, cayenne and cream mix till combined and fragrant.
- Add in your chopped tomato, tomato paste, yogurt, cream and green chilies.
- Return the cooked chicken breast and add your salt. Pour in 3/4 cup water and stir everything to combine.
- Lastly add in your Gram masala & 1/2 cup of cilantro and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Finish this recipe off by setting your Pressure Cooker for 10 minutes and let it cook entirely.
- Serve with Basmati Rice and or Naan Bread.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe id love to hear about it! You can post a review, picture below or via Instagram and let me know how it turned out. And by doing so you will be automatically entered into our seasonal CONTEST to win one of our great prizes. Winner will be notified via email within a week after the contest closes. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox every Month!