This recipe will show you how to cook beef short ribs in the oven in less than 60 minutes.
If you like spicy food than your going to love this recipe!
We love spicy food in this house. So if you do not, then that is okay.
You will still love this recipe.
Just simply omit the hot spices and it will have a great flavor just the same.
This recipe is very west African influenced.
I hope you give it a try!
WHAT IS THE SHORT RIBS COOKED IN
It is made in a special sauce that is made of fresh tomatoes, onions, garlic, red bell peppers and a mixture of spices.
HOW TO COOK BEEF SHORT RIBS IN THE OVEN
- Your gonna wanna start by creating this amazing tomatoes sauce that the short ribs will cook in.
- In order to do that place the fresh tomatoes, cooking oil, onion, garlic and red bell peppers and spices in the blender.
- Blending everything till smooth and creamy
- Then once that is done, you will pour that mixture into a large baking dish and add in all your spices.
- Stir the spices to blend well.
- Then put in your seasoned short ribs.
- Pre heat the oven to 400f then turn it down to 375f and allow the short ribs to cook for 60 minutes till done.
- Serve over a bed of your favorite rice.
Most likely, you will be looking for a side dish to serve alongside this dish as well.
So, I have linked a few of my most popular side dish recipes at the bottom of this post for you to check out!
Below you will find some side dish recipes that would go so well with these “Short Ribs” ?
- Salt & cracked pepper Asparagus
- Sauteed Red Cabbage
- Green beans with bacon and parmesan cheese
- Rosemary Garlic Roasted Mini Potatoes
Note: These chops can be done on the grill as well, they just won’t be as juicy. Also before serving make sure the internal temperature reaches 145 °F before consuming.
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ★
Korean Short Ribs in Oven
One pot meal!
- 2 pounds Korean-style short ribs, sliced
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ginger powered
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- In a medium sized bowl mix the all the ingrediants till disolved.
- Slice the short ribs into bit sized pieces and mix into the sauce mixture
- Cover and marinate in the fridge overnight.
- Then in a Dutch Oven place the ribs
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 f and cook for 30 mins.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 772Total Fat: 55gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 31gCholesterol: 227mgSodium: 1261mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 60g
These calculations are based off Nutritionix