This Healthy Italian Tuna Pasta Salad is the perfect summer salad!
Yes I said it “Summer” and it’s official we are saying goodbye to winter, finally!
And saying hello to SUMMER 🙂 and as you can imagine I was super excited to get out to my local farmers market this weekend and pick up whatever I could find.
I just love all the fresh produce that the farmers sell and supporting local growers is great. If your on some type of gluten free diet, feel free to omit the pasta but really I didn’t add a whole lot here.
This salad ? can be thrown together in no time at all and is filled with 5 different types of salad mix, along with some bowtie pasta, tuna.
Then tossed in a healthy balsamic, garlic dressing that you are sure to love.
I went a little lighter on the pasta for this salad, I typically use three to four cups of pasta in my pasta salads.
However for this recipe I used two cups because I REALLY wanted to highlight this lettuce.
You can serve this for the main course or as a side dish.
Because it has two cans of tuna it can be a real filling dinner option, so do not let all the greens here fool you.
This salad can be enjoyed pretty much any time of year, but I know it will be best enjoyed on those long summer nights out on the back patio!
I can picture it now 🙂 Can’t you?
Looking for a Awesome drink recipe to serve with this salad?
Try my “Raspberry sweet tea” that is made with agave nectar or honey.
LOOKING FOR OTHER SUMMER SALAD RECIPES?
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, I appreciate every single one of you! Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
Italian Tuna Pasta Salad
Simple Fresh Pasta Salad that is packed with protein!
- 2 cups Bowtie pasta
- 3 cups Organic Lettuce Mixture
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 2 x Canned Tuna
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Start by boiling 4 cups of water, once the water reaches a rapid boil. Add in the bowtie pasta and cook according to package instructions.
- Once cooked remove from the heat and place in a strainer under cold water till it's cooled down.
- Meanwhile, wash off your lettuce mixture and place into a large bowl.
- Open two cans of tuna and drain out the liquid before placing into the salad bowl.
- Now add the cooked and cooled bowtie pasta.
- Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar over everything and toss to coat, season generously with salt and pepper, garlic and onion powder. And toss to coat, before serving, Enjoy!