- 3 large Peaches
- 8 cups Water
- 6 Organic Green tea bags
- 8 tbsp Honey
- pinch Baking Soda
There are many ways to prepare traditional southern sweet tea, one has you cooking down those peaches and straining them afterward. Personally i do not like that method to much because you are also straining out the peach pulp and throwing away allot of your peaches, that is a crime if you ask me! Also allot have you adding more than a cup of refined sugar… no way i am not doing that. Now I am not saying i don’t consume refined sugar ever, i’m just saying that I try not to don’t drink it. Bubba just came back from our local farmer’s market earlier today with a basket of the plumpest peaches that worked perfect for this recipe. He says, if you can’t get your hands on fresh peaches then just make sure to boil out any excess water from the frozen variety before adding your honey for the initial steps and it will work just the same. So please forget that American sweet tea, which is filled with refined sugar and is not very good for you and give this healthy version a try, I’m calling this recipe my “Healthy Peach Sweet tea”, it tastes very similar to the American kind, however it’s much better for you because we are blending the peaches whole, and ths keeping all of the peach.
Also we use organic green tea bags and omit the refined sugar by replacing it with raw honey or agave syrup. Did you know that Choosing RAW honey will also help your immune system stay tough during seasonal allergy attacks, as it has a natural antibacterial nature? If that’s not more reason to sip this all year- long I don’t know what is. Well enjoy ya’ll… wait, why am i talking like an American? Must be the sweet tea doing that…
To make the Sweet Tea:
- Place 3 chopped up peaches in a blender and blend till smooth.
- Now let’s make a simple syrup, pour those purred peaches into a medium sauce pan and add your honey, over low to medium heat cook them down together for about 4 mins.
- Make 1 gallon of unsweetened Tea, I use Organic Green Tea
- To make the tea, boil your water and add it to an unbreakable pitcher.
- Add in a pinch of baking soda (this takes away any bitterness)
- Steep your tea, by adding 6 tea bags into the hot water for 5-10 mins and be careful not to over steep otherwise your tea will be bitter.
- Remove tea bags and discard.
- Add in your purred peaches/honey and stir till dissolved.
- Once cooled, place in the fridge and allow it to chill.
- Serve over ice, and add some peach slices or mint if you’d like.
If you liked this recipe, check out my Healthy Raspberry ice tea recipe
Note: Allow your tea to cool before adding to any type of glassware and before placing it in the fridge. You don’t want a shattered pitcher or fridge shelf. Also you can use black tea or green tea for this recipe, both work great. I hope you enjoy!
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! You can post a review, picture below or via Instagram and let me know how it turned out. And by doing so you will be automatically entered into our seasonal CONTEST to win one of our great prizes. Winner will be notified via email within a week after the contest closes. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
PIN IT FOR LATER