Hamburger Steak with Mushrooms is served in a rich brown mushroom gravy and can be enjoyed alongside your favorite french fries or mashed potatoes.
If you love mushrooms like me, then your sure to enjoy this recipe!
You can feed a family of five with this recipe also.
Making for a frugal meal that can offer each person one hamburger steak along with a plate full of big ol french fries and dinner is served.
If you have ever been at a home style restaurant you are sure to find a recipe just like this.
Also known as Salisbury Steak.
Which tends to be served with mashed potatoes, however I prefer to serve it with fries.
It is like a poutine with out the cheese.
HOW TO MAKE MUSHROOM GRAVY
- Place butter in a stove top pan and cook the sliced mushrooms and onions till well done.
- Add the flour and remaining gravy ingredients and cook for 5 minutes, before adding the cooked hamburgers.
How To Cook Hamburger Steaks
- Start by making the hamburger patties.
- Saute the hamburgers in some oil till well done, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Add back in the hamburger steaks to the pre made mushroom gravy and saute all together on medium heat for another 10 minutes!
- Serve alongside fresh fries if desired or mashed potatoes!
If your wanting fries with these hamburger steaks, be sure to cook them ahead of time as they take a bit longer to prepare as you will want to bake or air fry them!
These hamburger steaks are something I like to serve on a night where comfort food is needed.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this, I want to see! Foll Canadian Cooking Adventures Instagram, snap a photo, and tag and hashtag it with @canadiancookingadventures and #canadiancookingadventures.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp ketchup
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tbsp onion soup mix
- 2 cups of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start by making the hamburger patties, by mixing the hamburger and all the ingredients together
- Form 5 patties and set aside.
- Meanwhile place your pre cut fries in the oven to bake.
- Then saute the hamburgers in some oil till well done, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place butter in the same pan and cook the mushrooms and onions till well done.
- Add in the remaining gravy ingredients the gravy and cook for 5 minutes, then place into the pan.
- Whisk in some sour cream and the cooked mushrooms.
- Add back in the hamburger steaks and saute all together on medium heat for another 10 mintues!
- Serve alongside fresh fries!