- 1 (9-inch) pie Pre- Made Frozen Pie Crust
- 1 1/2 cups Old Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup Fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream (Full fat)
- 2 Eggs
- 3 large Heirloom Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Hellmans mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp Flour
- 1/4 cup Green Onions
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1 tsp Fresh Thyme
- Salt & Pepper to taste
It’s that time of year, where our gardens are bursting with tomatoes. So why not make a tomato pie? I love tomatoes, don’t you? I also have a pre-made pie crust in the freezer, so I thought why not make this delicious pie and share it with my readers. You can make your pie crust of course, or just buy a pre-made one and have this on the dinner table in under 45 minutes. It’s great for breakfasts or dinner and you can add any kind of tomatoes you like. Looking for a more vegetarian type tomato pie, simply omit the eggs and add some sauté asparagus it will be just as good. I hope you give it a try, I’d love to hear how you liked it in the comments below!!
What you will need:
To make the Garden Tomato Pie:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cheeses, sour cream, eggs, chopped green onion, mayonnaise, and whisk together till blended.
- Next, on cutting board slice garden tomatoes, pat dry with a paper towl to remove excess moisture
- Season generously with salt, pepper, thyme, basil.
- Pre-heat oven to 425F.
- Sprinkle a little flour on the pie shell, to ensure the shell.
- Then pour your cheese mixture into the pie shell and then top with you garden tomatoes, drizzle a little olive oil on top and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes until crust has completely browned and the tomatoes have roasted.
- Serve immediately, enjoy!
Note: You can pre-cook some bacon and crumble it over the pie if desired.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe id love to hear about it! You can post a review, picture below or via Instagram and let me know how it turned out. And by doing so you will be automatically entered into our seasonal CONTEST to win one of our great prizes. Winner will be notified via email within a week after the contest closes. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox every Month!