- 1 package Bacon
- 1 cup Spinachdrained and shredded
- 3 cups Medium Cheddar Cheese
- 1 stalk Green Onions
- 1 large Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Fresh Basil Leaves
Dough (see recipe steps)
Sauce (see recipe steps)
Homemade pizza, nothing beats it. I started to make homemade pizza a few years back, I was just tired of being disappointed when it came to ordering out. The sauce was always wrong or the toppings were few, the dough was undercooked or over and one of us always had a complaint. Sounds familiar? Once you learn to make homemade pizza yourself you will never go back to ordering it or settling for that plain old box stuff. I like to make pizza a couple times during the month, usually on the weekends. Sometimes i’ll make two and it will last all weekend, so guilty of a pizza binge. All you need to do is pre make the dough, by allowing it to rise for 1 hour then add your toppings and pop it in the oven to do its thing. There is nothing like homemade pizza, and the cost alone of making it from scratch makes it a worthwhile.
STEP 1 & 2: First make sure you have the DOUGH and SAUCE
- Start by making your Pizza Dough, if your following my recipe above. I suggest giving yourself 2 hours in advance, because you will want that dough to rise properly.
- Then prepare your favorite tomato sauce, or see my recipe above.
STEP 3: Cook the Bacon
- Set your oven to 350 degrees and line the bacon on your broiler pan. Cook for 25 minutes until the bacon is a crispy as you like. Remove the bacon and roughly chop it. Liberally sprinkle the bacon on your pizza and there you have it. For clean up, let the grease solidify in the broiler pan and scrape it in the trash can. Make sure you have a dishwasher safe broiler pan this is the easiest way to get that pan clean.
STEP 4: Pulling it all together
- Once your dough has risen, sprinkle your pizza pan with Semolina to avoid it from sticking to the pan or you can use olive oil in replace.
- Using your hands, start to flatten your dough and then press your fingers around the outside to lightly form the crust shape on the outside.
- Life the dough and turn it sideways some and allow it to stretch, turning it around in a circle as it stretches from side to side.
- Now top your pizza, start with your tomato paste then fresh basil leaves, green onions, shredded spinach, cooked crumbled bacon, cheese then tomatoes.
- Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees and bake for 15 minutes, or till it looks done. The time will depend on the thickness of the dough and your oven.
Note: Make sure don’t forget the sugar, the yeast feeds off it and that allows it to rise properly. Also you can brush the edges with a little olive oil prior to baking, this will make the edges more Golden. Make sure the water is warm, using cold with make the yeast inactive and to hot will ruin it. Cook on a pizza pan to ensure even cooking, if you don’t have cook your pizza on the bottom rack. Also you can double or triple up the recipe ingredients, and freeze the dough for use within the month. And make sure don’t forget the sugar, the yeast feeds off it and that allows it to rise properly.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe id love to hear about it! You can post a review, picture below or via Instagram and let me know how it turned out. And by doing so you will be automatically entered into our seasonal CONTEST to win one of our great prizes. Winner will be notified via email within a week after the contest closes. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!