This Easy Vegetarian Wellington is filled with finely diced carrots, celery, lentils and mushrooms. And is the perfect recipe to accompany your holiday festivities.
Gather your friends and family to enjoy a stress-free comfort meal, with my Easy Vegetarian Wellington that is made with pre-made puff pastry.
You can have this ready in under 1 hour.
WHAT IS VEGETARIAN WELLINGTON
A traditional Beef Wellington is made with fillet steak inside. This is allot like that without the meat of course. A wellington is a traditional holiday dish that is baked in the oven with puff pastry.
When is Vegetarian Wellington
How To Make Vegetarian Wellington
- Start with a baking dish that is 9.5 x 1.6 deep.
- Then make the butter crust (see recipe card)
- And the pre-made vegetable lentil filling
- Stuff the puff pastry and bake at 325 f for 25 minutes till golden brown.
How Many People Does A Vegetarian Wellington
One pie typically serves 5-6
OTHER DISHES TO SERVE DURING THE HOLIDAYS
Be sure to try these tasty recipes below!
- Pork Chops with maple syrup and apples
- Maple Bourbon Glaze Ham
- Brussel Sprouts with bacon
- Butter Herb & Parmesan Mushrooms
- Turkey Pot Pies
- Creamy Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- Honey Mustard Brussel Sprouts
- Shredded Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and Balsamic
- Canadian Maple Butter
- Instant Pot Honey Glazed Carrots
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this, I want to see! Follow Canadian Cooking Adventures Instagram, snap a photo, and tag and hashtag it with @canadiancookingadventures and #canadiancookingadventures.
- 1 Pre-Made Butter Puff Pastry
- 1 /2 cup of green lentils
- 1/2 cup diced Brown Mushrooms
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 tbsp Fresh Thyme
- 1 tsp Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- Start by dicing the vegetables and mushrooms.
- Then in a pot add 1 tbsp of butter and sauté the vegetables till soft, add in the lentils and all the seasonings.
- Cover with water and simmer on medium-low heat till the lentils are tender ruffly 30 mins.
- Remove the mixture from the pot and allow it to cool somewhat
- On a large floured surface roll out the puff pastry and fill with the mixture, fold over on all sides and brush the edges with butter wash to help seal it up and brown the outside.
- With a knife cut some slits alongside the puff pastry sides and cris cross it over to bake.
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes and or until browned. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 206Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 359mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 8gSugar: 3gProtein: 8g
These calculations are based off Nutritionix