1/4 cup Olive oil
1 large Red Bell Pepper
2 medium Onion
400 ml Canned Pizza Sauce
1 small or medium Green Zucchini
2 large Tomatoes
4 cloves crushed Garlic
15 Fresh Basil Leaves
1/2 tsp Fresh Thyme
1/2 tsp Red Chili Flakes
Salt & Pepper to taste
4.5 -5 oz Fresh Mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp Red wine vinegar
This Easy Pizza Ratatouille with Mozzarella Cheese is so good you won’t believe it’s Vegetarian. I just love Ratatouille, it’s fresh, healthy and so good for you.
Not to mention very pretty, just look at the rainbow of colors. Made with eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese it doesn’t get any fresher than this.
Prepared with summer fresh vegetables and a good quality can of tomato based pizza sauce. Your sure to impress anyone when serving this dish!
There are many recipes out there for this famous french dish called “Ratatouille”, and plenty different ways to preparing it. Traditional Ratatouille is made without cheese, however I like to add Mozzarella to mine, because it really enhances the recipe and makes it taste more like a pizza without the added carbs.
Tomato, Green Zucchini, Yellow Zucchini, Mozzarella Cheese, Eggplant
Also cooking it for over 2 hours sure helps to bring out all the vegetables flavors which happens through caramelization. This recipe is sure to be a family favorite, and is gluten free. I hope you like my version of this famous dish. “Bone Appetite”!
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! You can post a review, picture below or via Instagram and let me know how it turned out. And by doing so you will be automatically entered into our seasonal CONTEST to win one of our great prizes. Winner will be notified via email within a week after the contest closes. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox every Month!
Easy Pizza Ratatouille
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1 large Red Bell Pepper
- 2 medium Onion
- 400 ml Canned Pizza Sauce
- Yellow Zucchini
- 1 small or medium Green Zucchini
- 2 large Tomatoes
- 4 cloves crushed Garlic
- 15 Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Flakes
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 4.5 -5 oz Fresh Mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat and add in your chopped onion. Sauté until onions are transparent. Put your diced red pepper, fresh thyme, fresh basil, red pepper flakes, garlic pizza sauce and the cooked onions into your food processor and blend till smooth.
- Add your mixture back into the pot and cook on low heat stirring occasionally for 10 mins then turn off heat. Meanwhile slice your eggplant, green zucchini, yellow zucchini, and tomatoes as thick or thin as you like it.
- Place in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper, toss to coat. Now slice your fresh Mozzarella cheese, and then start by arranging your vegetables around the pot in a spiral (as seen below) on top of the cooked sauce.
- Start with your green zucchini then tomato, eggplant, yellow zucchini, mozzarella cheese and so forth.
- Sprinkle with a bit more salt and pepper, and drizzle olive oil over everything along with the red wine vinegar and a few basil leaves. Bake at 350 f covered for 2 hours so the vegetables can release there natural flavors.
- Once your timer stops, remove the lid or tin foil and bake at 300 f uncovered for another 25 minute. Enjoy!
PIN IT FOR LATER