2 tbsp Vegtable Oil
3 large Boneless chicken breasts
1 tin Tomato paste
1/2 cup Plain yogurt
3 cups Mini Potatoes
4 cloves minced Garlic
1 cup 2% milk
1 tsp Ginger
1 tbsp Turmeric powder
1 tbsp Curry powder
1 tbsp Cumin Powder
1 tbsp Coriander
1 tsp Red chili powder
3 pods crushed Green Cardamom
3 tbsp Dried Fenugreek leaves (Kasoori Methi)
1 tbsp Salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp Gram Masala
Craving curry tonight? Well skip the take out and impress your family tonight with this easy to make and authentic tasting curry.
This is my take on a healthier version of Chicken Tikka Masala. What makes it healthier that we are omitting the cream and replacing it with 2% milk and then adding plain yogurt as well.
What makes it easier is that we are not blending the onions after cooking them rather just allowing them to simmer in the pressure cooker. Also if you can get your hands on “green cardamom pods” which you can find in your ethnic spice isle, do add a few of those. This really adds a unique taste and is soooo good in here.
Packed with so much flavor this recipe will definitely remind you of some of the best Chicken Tikka Masala dishes that you have tried at your favorite restaurant. In addition I like to add some mini potatoes to this recipe, however those are not typically used in Tikka Masala. I think they go so well with this dish, so I will leave that ingredient option up to you. You can also serve this with rice OR naan bread.
If you end up giving it a try, do let me know in the comments below. I would love to know what you think 🙂
Notes: For a spicier curry add 1 tbsp of red chili powder. Also feel free to omit the mini potatoes if you would rather serve this with rice or naan bread.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! You can post a review, picture below or via Instagram and let me know how it turned out. And by doing so you will be automatically entered into our seasonal CONTEST to win one of our great prizes. Winner will be notified via email within a week after the contest closes. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox every Month!
EASY CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 3 large Boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tin Tomato paste
- 1/2 cup Plain yogurt
- 3 cups Mini Potatoes
- 4 cloves minced Garlic
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1 tbsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Curry powder
- 1 tbsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 3 pods crushed Green Cardamom
- 3 tbsp Dried Fenugreek leaves Kasoori Methi
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp Gram Masala
Pressure Cooker: Cook for approx. 10 minutes - after following the initial steps.
Slow Cooker: Place on LOW for 2-3 hours HIGH for 3 hours. - after following the initial steps.
Stove Top: Cook covered on low for 60 minutes. - after following the initial steps.
- Turn ON the Brown setting on your Cooker or Stove top & cook your diced chicken in oil till browned. Transfer Chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Next add in your diced onion and cook till browned, then add in your garlic, and ginger and cook for one min.
- Add in the curry powder, cumin, crushed green cardamom pods, turmeric, coriander, red chili powder and mix till combined and fragrant. Then add in the tomato paste, yogurt, milk then all the mini potatoes.
- Return the cooked chicken breasts chunks and add your salt and pepper. Lastly add in your Garam masala & 3 tbsp of fenugreek leaves.
- Finish this recipe off by setting your Pressure Cooker for 10 minutes and let it cook entirely or follow one of the other cooking methods above. Top with more dried fenugreek leaves for garnish. Serve with Basmati Rice and or Naan Bread if desired. Enjoy!
PIN IT FOR LATER