This Easy Chicken Biryani recipe is absolutely delicious and tastes exactly like something you would order from your favorite restaurant.
Biryani is a popular Indian Dish that is served in many restaurants across Europe and North America.
Not only is it very tasty it is also super healthy for you.
Plus it can be on the table in less than 30 minutes!!
Yup 30 minutes, just make sure your cooking the rice in a separate pot while your cooking the other part to this dish.
WHERE IS CHICKEN BIRYANI FROM
India and was created by the Muslim people. And is often cooked and shared during the Holiday of Ramadan.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN BIRYANI AT HOME
IT REALLY IS EAZY PEEZY!
If you have Jasmine rice, chicken breasts and a pre- made biryani mix of spices. You will be good to go!
Now you can go to the restaurant and pay over $12 for this dish or make it at home.
If you have never Indian food before, you will soon learn how easy it truly is to make.
I have experimented with plenty of curries for some time now, so you can trust me when I say this recipe is a sure winner.
Now you will want to go down the ethnic food aisle in your local grocery to pick up some “Biryani Masala Curry” which is the right kind of powder that is really needed for this recipe.
WHICH CHICKEN BIRYANI MASALA IS BEST
THIS IS MY FAVORITE MIX!
It’s like any typical Indian Chicken Curry dish. However, this recipe calls for a lot of spinach, tomatoes and greek yogurt vs the typical cream or cashew based curries.
For the tomatoes, I like to use pure passata tomato sauce. Which is basically uncooked pureed tomatoes, it works so well in this recipe.
WHAT’S CHICKEN BIRYANI
It starts with a meat base, such as chicken. And that meat is then marinated in yogurt and spices for ruffly 1 hour. This helps to tenderize and add a depth of flavor to the meat.
Biryani is a popular Indian dish made with Jasmine rice along with a mixture of spices. It can be made with lamb, beef or chicken.
If you follow my website, you will see that I really love Indian food.
And make it pretty much every week in this house.
CAN CHICKEN BIRYANI BE REHEATED
Yes, and honestly it tastes even better the next day too!
IS CHICKEN BIRYANI HEALTHY
Yes, this dish is made with chicken breasts, fresh onions, greek yogurt and a bunch of spices.
Once you try this recipe, you will be hooked promise.
Be sure to make some basmati rice to serve alongside or if you really want to make it extra special go ahead and make some homemade Naan Bread.
If your a CURRY lover like me. Then you will want to try these dishes below!
- Chickpea Curry
- Chicken and Spinach Curry Chicken Saag
- Easy Chicken Biryani
- Red Kidney Bean Curry
- Super Tasty Chicken Karahi
- Vegan Thai Coconut Green Curry
- Best Thai Red Curry
- Chicken Chickpea Curry
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you make this recipe, I would love to hear about it! You can leave a 5 star review in the comments below! Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
- 2 tbsp of Ghee
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 large boneless Chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp of Biryani spice mix
- 1 1/2 cups of Jasmine Rice
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup of spinach, chopped
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger root
- 1 tbsp of minced fresh garlic
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp of greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp of fenugreek leaves
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Start by chopping the chicken breasts then place in a large bowl and add 1 tsp of salt. Toss to coat and then add in the greek yogurt and mix.
- Toss in the Biryani spice mix and mix.
- Cover the chicken and place in the fridge to marinate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet add 1 tbsp of ghee or oil. Then add in the chopped onion, garlic, ginger and tomatoes. Saute till fragrant, ruffly 2 minutes.
- Next add in 1 tbsp of ghee/oil and saute till fragrant.
- Now cover and saute on low heat for 5 minutes till the tomatoes become tender.
- Then add in the marinated chicken pieces and chopped spinach stir to coat.
- Add in the chicken stock and cover, cooking for 20 minutes till the chicken is tender.
- Add in the cooked jasmine rice, fenugreek leaves and season with a bit more salt to taste.
- Lastly, simmer uncovered for 10 more minutes till their is no more stock left.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 678Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 143mgSodium: 1681mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 8gSugar: 11gProtein: 56g