This Creamy Pelmeni Sauce Recipe is the perfect comfort food and is ready in less than 20 minutes!
You might also enjoy my Cabbage & Onion Pelmeni recipe too.
Pelmeni is a Russia dish and reminds me allot of Tortellini however it is more juicy inside. If you have never tried Pelmeni your in for a good surprise because is delicious!
This is a toddler friendly recipe also, my son eats this up every time!
Pelmeni How to Cook
- You want to start by bringing a large pot of oiled water to light boil
- Add in the pelmeni and cook it stirring often anywhere from 5 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sauté the diced cabbage, onions and butter till soft.
- Strain the pelmeni from the water and toss into the pan with the cabbage and onions
- Add 1 more tbsp of butter and season with dill
- Toss to coat and serve!
WHAT IS IN THIS RECIPE
- Frozen Pelmeni
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this, I want to see! Follow Canadian Cooking Adventures Instagram, snap a photo, and tag and hashtag it with @canadiancookingadventures and #canadiancookingadventures.
- 870 grams of Pelmeni
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cups of cream
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp of dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start by boiling the frozen pelmeni in lightlhy oiled water.
- Once it has cooked strain and set aside
- Meanwhile make a roux, of flour, cream and butter and season with dill, pepper and salt to taste
- Toss in the cooked pelmeni and lemon juice.
- Serve with parmesan cheese if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1171Total Fat: 73gSaturated Fat: 42gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 286mgSodium: 1067mgCarbohydrates: 94gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 35g
These calculations are based off Nutritionix