The Creamy Lobster Ravioli Sauce recipe is easy to make and is great served overtop your favorite cooked Ravioli pasta. The sauce is made with heavy cream, garlic, butter, purred tomates and is creamy and decadent.
Lobster Ravioli Sauce is super creamy and serves well over just about any type of pasta.
Looking for more delicious pasta recipes? Then your going to want to try my Lobster Pappardelle Pasta which uses a white sauce instead. Or my Mushroom Ravioli.
WHAT SAUCE GOES WITH LOBSTER RAVIOLI
I like a 3 cheese kind, however spinach ricotta works well too. And of course you can always use a lobster filled ravioli as well to make it more decadent.
LOBSTER RAVIOLI WHAT SAUCE TO USE
You defiantly want a cream base sauce like the creamy tomato based one I have included in this recipe. You can also opt for a White Lobster Sauce instead. Both work and are both favorites of mine.
What I love about this recipe too is that it can be made in under 30 minutes. Even if your using a whole cooked lobster as cooking the pasta takes less than 5 minutes and the sauce around 25 minutes.
This sauce recipe is made exactly like the sauce in my Lobster Pappardelle however it is prepared with ravioli instead and is in a red cream sauce.
WHAT’S LOBSTER SAUCE
It is made using lobster meat, tomatoes, cream, onion, garlic, butter and parmesan cheese.
LOBSTER RAVIOLI SAUCE WITHOUT CREAM
- You can replace the cream with whole milk if desired.
HOW TO MAKE LOBSTER RAVIOLI SAUCE
This is a super simple dish to make yet elegant enough to serve someone for an anniversary or special occasions as such!
As there really is no special skill required either to make it other than knowing how to remove the meat from the shell.
Then if you know how to boil pasta and add sauce to that you will be in business. See recipe card below for ingredients and instructions.
CREAMY LOBSTER BUTTER SAUCE
- The sauce is made from the lobster shells that are first simmered in heavy cream and seasonings.
- Once that has simmered you will remove the shells and season with parmesan cheese.
- This Lobster butter sauce can be served over spaghetti, fettuccini or really any type of pasta if desired.
WHAT DOES LOBSTER BUTTER SAUCE TASTE LIKE
If you have ever been to Red Lobster and order a lobster tail with butter on the side. This sauce will remind you of just that with the addition of cream, tomatoes, onion, garlic and parmesan cheese.
Honestly, two steaks could cost more than this recipe. Even though its Lobster this recipe does not have to break the bank.
I actually picked up two pre cooked frozen Lobsters for $10 a piece. So making this sauce costs around 20$ dollars and we all know adding pasta to it is not that expensive at all. I hope you enjoy!
Creamy Lobster Ravioli Sauce
Dinner for 2
- 300 grams of Ravioli
- 1 cooked lobster
- 1 1/2 cups of cream
- 1/2 cup of tomato passata sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- First you want to start with a whole defrosted lobster of fresh if using.
- And poach the lobster in water, bring a pot of water to a boil and poach for 4-6 minutes or until firm.
- After it is cooked, carefully remove from the pot and allow it to cool down before removing the meat.
- Remove the meat using a large knife & kitchen scissors to break it apart.
- Keep the shells as well to add additional flavor to the lobster butter sauce that your going to make. The goal is to remove all the meat that will be added to the Lobster butter sauce for cooking.
LOBSTER RAVIOLI SAUCE
- In a medium sized sauce pan add the olive oil, butter and chopped onion. Saute on low heat till fragrant. Then add in the minced garlic and do the same.
- Next add in the lobster shells and chopped lobster pieces along with heavy cream and tomato sauce and seasonings.
- Simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove the shells with tongs, then add in the parmesan cheese.
- Once the pasta and sauce has cooked.
- Merge the two and serve with fresh lemons and garnish with parsley.
You can always use canned lobster as well
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1234Total Fat: 98gSaturated Fat: 59gTrans Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 31gCholesterol: 328mgSodium: 1375mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 5gSugar: 12gProtein: 40g
These calculations are based off Nutritionix