1 (lbs) 450 grams Ground Beef
1 of each pepper Package of Green, Yellow, Orange peppers
1 large can Canned of tomatoes
14 fl oz/398 mL) Can of Pinto beans
14 fl oz/398 mL) Can of Kidney Beans
1/2 can Can of refried Pinto beans
1 cut up Fresh Jalepeno
1 tbsp Red wine vinegar
1 large Onion
5 cloves Garlic
1 tbsp Red chili powder
1 tbsp Onion powder
1 tbsp Ground Cumin
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 cube Beef stock cube
This Comforting Chili Con Carne has hamburger, tomatoes, kidney and pinto beans along with onions, garlic, jalapeno peppers, red yellow and green peppers. And many different seasonings that make it true Con Carne that we have all come to know and love. So if your looking for a great chili recipe, you have found it!
It always amazes me how quickly fall comes and turns into winter. One minute it’s t-shirt weather and the next we are pulling out our sweaters, toques and scarves. When the weather starts to change like this, I immediately start to think of heart slow cooker meals. Don’t you? If you like chill then you are sure to like this recipe, colder like this, it makes a BIG pot and will last you for a few days. Good hearty meals that bring warmth to the body and soul make these colder months much better, nothing beats going coming home to a hot bowl of good old chilli con carne.
You can prepare this chili in crock pot or on the stove top, depending on the time you have at hand. Today I am using my crock-pot, because I have errands to run this morning. So this will take me roughly 20 minutes to prep then I will set it in the slow cooker for 6 hours, and return to a meal fit for a queen or king. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
How to make the Comforting Chili Con Carne:
- Start by chopping up your onion, garlic, jalapeno pepper, red, yellow and green peppers.
- In a large pot saute your onions in 1 tbsp of oil till translucent, add in your peppers, then garlic and saute another 5 minutes till slightly tender.
- Remove from pot and set aside.
- Next add your ground hamburger to the same pot and saute till lightly browned.
- Then add in your onions, garlic and peppers.
- Pour in a can of kidney beans, pinto beans and tomatoes and simmer on medium low.
- Once everything is hot, add in 1/2 a can of your refried pinto beans.
- Add in all your spices and season with salt and pepper
- Pour in 1/2 cup of water, a splash of red wine vinegar along with 1 chicken stock cube.
- Simmer on medium – low stirring often for one hour.
- Or in your Crock Pot – on low 6-7 hours
- Serve with fresh bread or cornbread, enjoy!
Note: You can always use ground turkey or a vegan meat supplement if you like instead of beef.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! You can post a review, picture below or via Instagram and let me know how it turned out. And by doing so you will be automatically entered into our seasonal CONTEST to win one of our great prizes. Winner will be notified via email within a week after the contest closes. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox every Month!
PIN IT FOR LATER