For the Coleslaw
- 14 oz bag Cabbageor 6 cups of cabbage shredded with carrots
- 1 cup Carrotsshredded or buy a bag of Cabbage with carrots
For the Dressing
- 3/4 cup Hellmans mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Honey Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Celery Salt
- 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Salt n Pepper to taste
Some people like their coleslaw thick, creamy and sweet, while others prefer it light and tangy. This recipe leans more towards to thick, creamy sweet coleslaw that many grew up with. If you’re looking for a lighter tangy slaw then check this recipe out for a Light and Tangy Coleslaw. Both recipes are just as good, so it’s all about personal preference.
To make the Classic Creamy Coleslaw:
- For the Coleslaw: In a large bowl, combine cabbage and carrots (or empty your bag of cabbage carrot mixture into the bowl).
- For the Dressing: In a smaller bowl, make the dressing by combining your mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, celery salt, garlic powder, lemon, sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
- Slowly add the dressing into cabbage mixture until you have the desired amount.
- Allow it to chill in the fridge up to one hour to let the dressing marinate.
Note: You may need less dressing, depending on how much cabbage your using. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed. Serve along side any summer dish and or double the recipe and make for a crowd.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe id love to hear about it! You can post a review and or picture below to let me know how it turned out. And by doing so you will be automatically entered into our bimonthly CONTEST to win one of our great prizes. Winner will be notified via email within a week after the contest closes. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!