2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
6 tbsp Butter melted
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
2 packages Cream Cheese
2 large Purple Yams
1 can Can of condensed milk
1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 tsp Nutmeg
I’m back with another no bake cheesecake recipe and this one is for the upcoming Holidays! It’s so awesome that I will be making it a few times this year, because it’s perfect for this time of year. But of course it can be enjoyed pretty much anytime you choose.
You’re probably wondering if purple yams taste good in a cheesecake right? Well I assure you they do, purple yams are often cooked in cakes in the Philippines. And in cheesecakes known as “Ube”. Used not only in cakes though but also as a sweetened jam called ube halayá; the latter is a popular ingredient in the iced dessert called halo-halo.
Plus these purple yams are packed with vitamins, such as A, C and are a good source of copper, dietary fiber, vitamin B6, potassium and iron. Purple Yams are also known to improve blood sugar regulation and some studies have discovered significant antibacterial and antifungal properties.
You can serve this cake with a dollop of whip cream on the top prior to serving, and be sure not to skimp on the “whip cream” here because it really makes this cake come together perfectly. If that is not more reason to enjoy them this holiday season in a cheesecake then I don’t know what is!
This one here is enjoyed by myself and partner a few weeks ago. Then I will be making it again for an upcoming Christmas party, and then again for Christmas day when I will be bringing it over to my Mothers-in-laws! I like to use an 8″ inch cheesecake pan for this recipe which gives you a thick cheesecake as seen in the pictures below, which can serve 12 people.
If you prefer a thinner cheesecake, you can then use a 9″inch cheesecake pan. Really there is not much to it, besides boiling some purple yams, preparing your crust and whip up some cream cheese, along with whipped cream to give it the perfect lightness that makes this dessert so decadent! Then you will have something unique to share with your guests this holiday season. Wishing you and yours Happy Holidays!
The holidays mean different things to different people, but I think we can all agree that it’s a time to rest and hopefully relax spending some quality time with those we love, we hope this cheesecake may just be that one thing that helps with that.
Note: Place your cake back in the freezer or it will melt this cheesecake is best kept chilled. If you like a thinner graham cracker crust, feel free to use 1 1/2 cups of crushed crackers instead of 2.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe id love to hear about it! You can post a review, picture below or via Instagram and let me know how it turned out. And by doing so you will be automatically entered into our seasonal CONTEST to win one of our great prizes. Winner will be notified via email within a week after the contest closes. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
Christmas Cheesecake (Purple Yam)
- 2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tbsp Butter melted
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 packages Cream Cheese
- 2 large Purple Yams
- 1 can Can of condensed milk
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- Start by making your base/crust, in a large bowl place your graham crackers, brown sugar and melted butter. Mix this together with a spoon and then use your hands to press it together so it sticks.
- Lightly oil your cheesecake pan and then place your graham cracker crust inside. Press firmly down to create your crust. No-bake graham cracker crust: Chill pie crust for at 30 minutes prior to filling. Prior to serving, rub the outside and bottom of the cheesecake pan with a wringed out hot cloth this helps to release the pan from the crust. Baked graham crust: Preheat oven to 325°. Bake crust for 10 minutes, cool completely before filling.
- Wash and cut your yams into bite size pieces and boil in a pot of water till tender.
- Strain your yams and allow to cool. Once your Purple Yams have cooled, mash them in a large bowl till smooth.
- Then add 2 packages of cream cheese and with your hand held blender whisk together till smooth. Add in your condensed milk, nutmeg and ground cinnamon. Pour over your crust slowly then chill in the freezer anywhere from 6 to 24 hours.
FINISHING THE CHEESECAKE:
- Once your cake is absolutely cold, release the cheesecake from the pan slowly.
- Add more whipped cream around the cake to decorate!
- Cut and allow to defrost for roughly 20 minutes, enjoy!
PIN IT FOR LATER