6 Chicken Breasts*whole
10 Crusty Buns
3 Chipotle Peppers in adobo sauce + 1 teaspoon of sauce* remove the seeds
1 tbsp Smoked Paprika
1 tbsp Cumin Powder
1 tbsp Greek Yogurt
1 tsp Sugar
1 tbsp Salt and pepper (to taste)
I just love recipes that call for a little spice, don’t you? Impress yourself tonight with this no fuss recipe, which takes less than 10 minutes to prep. Simply allow it to cook in the slow cooker before shredding it with two forks before plating. While it’s cooking in your slow cooker, make some fresh homemade coleslaw and then simply let it sit in the fridge to cool before pairing with the shredded chicken. Serve with on a nice crusty bun and you have a great meal, can’t get any easier or delicious than that eh? This Chipotle Chicken recipe can be doubled and made for a larger crowd too, or stored in the fridge up to 3 days. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
These are what Mexican Chipotles look like
This is what you will be looking for, same stuff just in a can with some sauce.
To make the Creamy Chipotle Chicken:
- In a blender puree your 1 chipotles with (seeds removed) and set aside.
- Now. combine all your ingredients in your slow cooker, and then add in your chicken breast and stir till everything is well coated. Add in your pureed chipotle along with 1 tsp of the sauce.
- Slow Cooking: LOW for 5-6 hours
- Pressure Cooker: 35 minutes
- Stovetop: Add one cup of water and all your ingredients, minutes the yogurt to a saucepan and simmer on low covered for 30 minutes. Then stir in the yogurt, mix everything together and cook for the reamaning 30 mins on low till done.
- Once the chicken is tender, use two large forks to shred the chicken.
- Then let the Chicken sit with the lid off for 30 minutes before serving, this allows it to absorb the remaining sauce and thicken up.
- Serve on a crusted bun with a sweet or tangy coleslaw.
To make the Creamy Coleslaw Salad follow this simple recipe.
To make the Light and Tangy Coleslaw follow this recipe.
Note: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe id love to hear about it! You can post a review and or picture below. And by doing so you will be automatically entered into our seasonal CONTEST to win one of our great prizes. Winner will be notified via email within a week after the contest closes. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!