This Chicken Parmesan with Spinach can be enjoyed on a Low Carb / Keto diet.
And is made with passata tomato sauce that is seasoned just right.
What is passata tomato sauce?
It is basically uncooked pureed tomatoes and can be found in just about any supermarket isle where the tomato sauces are found. You can of course use regular tomato sauce, I will leave that up to you.
This recipe also calls for fresh parsley, chicken breasts and sauteed spinach.
You can also substitute the spinach for kale if desired.
One of my New Year goals is to clear carbs out of my diet for the month of January.
So, I came up with this tasty recipe for a carb free Chicken Parmesan.
The Chicken here is not breaded, like the traditional Chicken Parmesan recipes out their.
Also there is no pasta in my recipe, making this dish very healthy and carb free.
Now, of course you can prepare some spaghetti and have that with this dish.
I will leave that completely up to you, however it is filling it itself. Trust me!!
But you will definitely want to slice that large chicken breast in half.
Which creates two nicely browned breasts per dish!
Looking for more Gluten Free / Keto recipes? Then you will want to try these dishes below!
- Creamy Garlic Mushroom Chicken
- Healthy Eggplant Parmesan
- Baked lemon chicken breasts
- Crispy oven baked chicken breasts
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you make this recipe, I would love to hear about it! You can leave a 5 star review in the comments below! Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 4 cups of fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup of chopped parsley
- 400ml Passata tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by slicing two large chicken breasts in half. To create four pieces of chicken.
- Then in a non stick large skillet add 2 tbsp of butter and once it has melted add in the chicken breasts and sear on both sides until golden brown. (remove and set aside)
- In the same pan, add water and cook the spinach. Once cooked strain and set aside.
- In the same pan, add passata sauce and the italian seasoning. Saute for 5 minutes on low heat till cooked.
- Plate, passata sauce first, spinach next and top with one sliced browned chicken breasts.
- Top with parmesan cheese and some parsley for garnish.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 380Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 124mgSodium: 1726mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 6gSugar: 8gProtein: 49g