10 pieces Thick cut bacon
4 large Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
4 tbsp Dijion Mustard
4 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
3 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
1 large Onion
1 1/2 cups Chicken Broth (unsalted)
4 Garlic cloves
4 1/2 cups Egg noodles
4 tbsp Fresh Parsely
1 tbsp Salt and pepper
1 tbsp Dried thyme
This Chicken and Bacon in a Dijon Mustard Sauce recipe is out of this world, you may think there is a lot of fattening ingredients in this one pan dish, but you would be wrong. If you know me, you know that I like to balance my cooking. So if I’m adding an indulging ingredient into my cooking such as bacon, then I will make sure not add too many other ingredient that could take away from such flavours. This dish comes together beautiful in a mustard sauce that is not full of fat but rather flavour. Made with onions, Dijon mustard, lemon, apple cider vinegar and just the right seasonings that only enhance the dish not mask it.
I kid you not this recipe is pretty healthy for you, compared to other similar recipes out there which call for heavy cream, which I find ruins the dish. This recipe reminds me of a dish I tried many years ago, called Yassa Chicken (Poulet au Yassa) which is a very popular Senegalese dish. So in this dish we are basically merging the flavors from that traditional dish with some other amazing dishes that are more popular in Europe to come up with this unique and out of this world recipe. So follow along below for the most mouth-watering dinner that you are your family are sure to love, it’s definitely become one of our family favorites.
You must try this dish over a bed of egg-noodles, it gives it that German snitches feel without all the heaviness, and goes so well with the sauce. On a gluten free diet? No worries you can choose gluten free egg- noodles then you will have a completely gluten free meal.
Start by cooking your egg noodles first, because the rest takes less than 20 minutes to prepare and you want to be able to merge the two at the end. Next start with chopping the bacon and onions, and sauteing them together till cooked.
Be sure to remove the bacon and onions one cooked and set aside, before placing the chicken breasts back in the pan to saute the chicken. Saute the chicken on medium heat in the bacon fat till cooked, approx 10 minutes or until they are lightly browned and cooked in the center. Then remove the cooked chicken from the pan and finished off by making your dijon mustard sauce in the same pan. Merge everything back for one last time in the pan, allowing everything to simmer together before serving.
To make the Chicken and Bacon in a Creamy Mustard Sauce:
- Start by cooking your egg noodles according the the package instruction, strain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, add the chopped bacon and chopped onion and cook till the bacon is lightly crispy and the onion is softened. REMOVE and set aside.
- In the same skillet, leave the remaining bacon fat and saute the chicken breasts on medium heat for 5 minutes on either side till cooked through the middle. REMOVE and set aside.
- Making the sauce: In the same skillet add the crushed garlic and saute one minute before adding the chicken stock, dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, fresh parsley, thyme and salt and pepper seasonings.
- Simmer on a low heat for 3 minutes, before adding back in the bacon & onions along with the cooked chicken breasts.
- Stir everything together and saute for 10 minutes, turning the chicken a few times.
- Pour in the cooked egg – noodles if desired which will soak up all that amazing sauce, stir.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
I hope you give this absolutely mouth-watering recipe a try!
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe id love to hear about it! You can post a review, picture below or via Instagram and let me know how it turned out. And by doing so you will be automatically entered into our seasonal CONTEST to win one of our great prizes. Winner will be notified via email within a week after the contest closes. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox every Month!
PIN IT FOR LATER