4 cups Fresh Sweet Cherries
2 cups Whole Milk
2 cups (500 ml) Plain Greek Yogurt
1 tbsp Pure vanilla extract
3 tbsp Maple SyrupOR Honey
1 tbsp Corn Syrup
I was never a huge fan of store bought cherry frozen yogurt, which came as a surprise to me because I love cherries.
Truth is I was never a fan of store bought frozen yogurt, they just tasted fake to me. So when I started experimenting with homemade frozen desserts, I was pleasantly surprised at how good they actually where.
I’ve been making this particular yogurt for the past few years, it tastes fresh and I like the fact that I know everything that is going into it. So really there is no guilt when it comes to eating as much as a want.
Just be sure to remove it from the freezer 15 minutes before serving, otherwise it will be too hard to scoop. The corn syrup definitely helps it to not freeze solid so do not skip on that, otherwise you can add vodka instead, but I’ll leave that up to you!
Note: This is not store bought frozen yogurt, but much healthier and tastier I promise you that. Just be sure to set it outside the freezer 15 minutes prior to serving to ensure easy scooping. If your adding some booze to make it more creamy, be sure not to add more than 3 tablespoons of 40 proof liquor per quart of ice cream base. Makes about fourteen ½-cup servings.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! You can post a review, picture below or via Instagram and let me know how it turned out. And by doing so you will be automatically entered into our seasonal CONTEST to win one of our great prizes. Winner will be notified via email within a week after the contest closes. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
- 4 cups Fresh Sweet Cherries
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 2 cups 500 ml Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Corn Syrup
- First add your Cherries to your food processor, pulse till blended into tiny ice crystals.
- Now let's make the frozen yogurt base, start by adding your yogurt, milk, corn syrup, maple syrup along with your blended fruit into a large bowl and mix with a spatula till blended.
- Once everything is combined pour the mixture into your frozen Cuisinart maker and process for 25 minutes or according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Now comes the fun part, grab a large plastic container will a lid (you will be using this to freeze your frozen yogurt in) after letting it sit for 30 mins in the (Cuisinart machine which makes it easier to remove) then you can start by pouring all of your frozen yogurt mixture in your container.
- Freeze for 2 hours and serve.
- Note: Before scooping, remove from the freezer for about 15 minutes to allow for easy scooping.
PIN IT FOR LATER