This Cheeseburger Macaroni and Cheese is very similar to the traditional Hamburger helper type meal.
Yet it’s made from scratch and has the addition of fresh broccoli.
This is the Ultimate comfort food for your hungry family!
And if you have kids in the home who don’t like to eat their veggies.
This recipe will be a game changer, trust me.
I think this recipe will be great for those who want something quick and do like the boxed macaroni and cheese.
The kids will definitely be all over it!
HOW TO MAKE CHEESEBURGER MAC AND CHEESE
- It is pretty easy I tell ya, all your doing is boiling up a pot of water and cooking your pasta till al dente.
- However prior to it being cooked fully, you will want to toss in your broccoli florets.
- Allowing it to steam/boil on the top for 2 minutes, before stirring it all in and allowing it to cook for one more minute to fully tenderize the broccoli.
- Then you will strain the pasta and the broccoli and set both aside.
- Next is the hamburger, fry it up alongside the whole canned tomatoes till cooked and browned.
- Then add in all the spices.
- Mix in the cheese and allow it to melt, before adding back in the pasta along with the cooked broccoli.
- Give it all a nice toss and serve!
EASY Peasy! Right?
If you and your family like macaroni and cheese then this just steps it up a notch and tastes much better than kind I have ever had.
By simply adding in some fresh broccoli this dish becomes a full meal!
Plus if you have ever felt a tad guilty not eating your veggies with this, now you won’t.
This recipe is sure to sway you to enjoy mac and cheese more often but in a healthy way.
So when that mac and cheese craving hits, I hope you think of this recipe. I do, a lot 🙂
A one pot meal that will save you time making dinner during the busy week.
So what are you waiting for? ✌
I’m thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! Thank you and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 pound Hamburger
- 1 1/2 cups of egg shell pasta
- 1 can whole can tomatoes with juices
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 cups Broccoli Florets
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 tbsp Fresh Parsley
- Onion powder
- Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Start by heating 1 tbsp of butter in a non stick skillet and add in the hamburger and diced onion.
- Brown and set aside.
- Meanwhile bring a pot of water to a boil and add in the pasta, cook till al dente. Remove strain and set aside.
- Next add in the whole canned tomatoes to the hamburger/onions and seasonings
- Simmer on medium heat all together for 5 minutes then add in the broccoli florets.
- Reduce the heat to low and add in the cheddar cheese and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve with fresh parsley and enjoy!