- 1 tbsp Cooking oil
- 4 Boneless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup Jerk Sauce
- 1 cup Fresh or Frozen Pineapple Chunks
- 1 1/2 tbsp Jamaican Curry
- Large can (111 oz) Red Kidney Beans
- 1 medium Onion
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 can Full fat coconut milk
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup Jasmine Rice
Bursting with flavor of the Caribbean, this dish is sure to knock your socks off if you like Jamaican cuisine. The sweet yet fresh pineapple goes so well with the curried/jerked chicken and beans. This is sure to become a new family favorite! Swimming in the right amount coconut curry jerk sauce that goes so good served with rice. So if you looking for a different take on the traditional Jerk Chicken that we have all come to know and love, then give this recipe a try. Traditionally Jerk Chicken is made without curry in it, however I love to add both elements of Jamaican tastes to this dish. Also a lot of Jamaicans will make rice and peas (kidney beans) on the side in a coconut milk broth. However in this recipe, we are merging everything together making it a easy one pan recipe that is sure to impress even those who follow other more traditional Jamaican recipes. This recipe makes enough for a family of 5, or you can eat if over the next few days if you’d like. I like to make a couple meal preps with the leftovers on occasion too and will double up this recipe for those times.
If you have never made Jamaican food before, then the easiest way to make jerk type recipes is to purchase a premade bottle of jerk sauce. You can also of course make your own jerk seasoning at home from scratch with allspice, scotch bonnet peppers and a bunch of other spices but I’ll leave that up to you. I’m all about easy meal prep these days, and so I’m like to use a premade jerk sauce in this recipe “see picture” below of our favorite brand.
This meal has a nice balance between hot and sweet from the jerk seasonings and curry giving it a nice kick to the fresh pineapple that balances it off with a little sweetness. This tasty dish reminds me so much of the Caribbean, and goes very well with plain jasmine rice. I hope you give it a try to let me know what you and your family thinks.
To make the Caribbean Jerk Chicken with Pineapple and Beans
- Start by cutting your boneless chicken breasts up into bite size pieces.
- In a large saucepan, add 1 tbsp of cooking oil and saute the chicken breasts on medium heat.
- Once the chicken is half way cooked, add in 1 1/2 tbsp of curry powder and cook the breasts. Once cooked remove and set aside.
- Next chop the onion and place in the same saucepan, sauteing for 3 minutes before add in the crushed garlic.
- Next add in the can of “kidney beans”, fresh or frozen pineapple chunks, and can of coconut milk.
- Simmer all together for 2 minutes on medium low before adding in 3/4 cup of Jerk sauce.
- Simmer everything together for 15 minutes on medium heat uncovered till everything merges and the sauce begins to thicken up.
- Season with salt and serve over basmati rice.
Note: You want a good can of coconut milk, the thicker the coconut in the can the better the brand. It’s important to use Jamaican curry for this recipe, which is brighter in color from turmeric, allspice and dried scotch bonnet peppers. Also do not add canned pineapple, you want either fresh or the frozen kind.
Do you have leftovers? Why not make some prep meals for the week ahead!
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! You can post a review/picture below or via Instagram and let me know how it turned out. And by doing so you will be automatically entered into our seasonal CONTEST to win one of our great prizes. Winner will be notified via email within a week after the contest closes. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
PIN IT FOR LATER