This is simply the best spaghetti sauce you will ever make. It can be tweaked to your liking of course. And is my all time favorite way to make spaghetti sauce.
It is made with fresh bottled passata sauce, air fried meatballs, mushrooms, basil and italian seasoning.
It is better than any store bought variety and can be made spicy or not spicy.
WHY COOK SPAGHETTI SAUCE LONG
When it comes to this spaghetti sauce, you will want to simmer the sauce a bit longer than say a canned variety.
Because we are using “Passata SAUCE” which is simply raw pureed tomatoes.
The longer you simmer this with the rest of the ingredients the thicker and more flavorful the sauce will be.
This recipe here has a little of spice to it, however you can simply omit the red chili pepper flakes if you desire.
Their are a few tricks to making this sauce, so follow along and I promise you. You are going to love it!
The first time I made this sauce, my nieces both said that it was the BEST sauce they ever tried.
I knew then I had a winner, because these two kids are picky as can be when it comes to food.
HOW TO MAKE BEST SPAGHETTI SAUCE
- FIRST you will want to start first by making the meatballs. You can make them in the oven or in an air fryer (my preferred method) the air fryer cooks meatballs easily and quicker than the oven. With less clean up too! Who does not like that? Here is my recipe for Easy Air Fryer Meatballs.
This dish is fancy enough to your guests or on a special occasion for two.
It pairs nice with a side a caesar salad, crusty bread and white wine.
Feel free to top this spaghetti with fresh Parmigiano and you will be eating like the Italians in Abruzzo.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this, I want to see! Follow Canadian Cooking Adventures Instagram, snap a photo, and tag and hashtag it with @canadiancookingadventures and #canadiancookingadventures.
- 1 package Spaghetti
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 bottle of Passata sauce
- 10 brown mushrooms, halved
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 4 tbsp Freshly chopped basil
- 1 tbsp of Lemon juice
- 5 cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 Beef Meatballs
- *see recipe in post.
- FIRST you will want to start first by making the meatballs. You can make them in the oven or in an air fryer (my preferred method) the air fryer cooks meatballs easily and quicker than the oven. With less clean up too! Find this recipe for my easy air fryer meatballs here.
- Then bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add your pasta to it, cook according to package directions. Then strain and save 1/4 cup of the pasta water and discard the rest.
- Set the cooked pasta aside.
- In another large pan, heat the oil over medium heat and add your halved mushrooms along with 2 tbsp of butter.
- Sauteed till cooked then add in the minced garlic. Cook for a few minutes till fragrant.
- Then add your passata tomato sauce along with the shredded cheddar cheese, lemon juice, reserved water, fresh chopped basil and seasoning,
- Add in the cooked meatballs and simmer covered on medium heat for 20 minutes. Stirring every 5 minutes to ensure it does not stick.
- Lastly, add in the cooked pasta.
- Add in the chopped fresh basil
- Cook tossing regularly till heated through and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil before you sprinkle the Parmesan REGGIANO and parsley. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 376Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 538mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 14g
These calculations are based off Nutritionix