This is the Best Roasted Garlic Hummus you will ever try! Serve it alongside some carrot or vegetables sticks for the Ultimate snack.
I’m serious, this recipe will put every store bought variety to shame.
YOU are going to love how fresh it tastes along with how the roasted garlic really brings out all the flavors.
If you’re tired of those expensive store bought varieties and thought that was the stuff! Well your in for a surprise.
Plus making this at home will save you a lot of hard earned cash.
Let’s be honest it costs anywhere from $4 to $6 dollars for a 350 grams of hummus in the stores.
But making it at home this way, will cost you under $1.00 for that same amount hummus.
CAN YOU FREEZE HUMMUS
Absolutely, I do it all the time. I will make a big batch and store some in the fridge for my family. Which lasts us up to a week in an air tight container.
Then I will section some off for the freezer, for movie nights, game nights and snacks.
There is always hummus in our fridge or freezer.
THIS IS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE FROZEN, BE SURE TO DEFROST!
WHAT TO EAT WITH HUMMUS
- Pita Bread
- You name it!
I always like to make a fresh batches of hummus early in the week.
So that I can then store it in an airtight container for the unlimited guilt free munching ALL week!
Which usually happens at night, watching the food network or something!
You can also eat this Hummus with tortilla chips or pita bread, both are super healthy and delicious snacking options too.
HOW TO MAKE ROASTED GARLIC HUMMUS
- Preparing Beans from Dry: Cover you garbanzo beans in water and allow to soak over night. The next day cook your garbanzo beans in a pot with 2 inches of water to cover, and bring to a boil. Cook for 1 1/2 hours or until they are soak. Drain and place in your blender or food processor Add your Cilantro, jalapeno, greek yogurt, garlic, olive oil, tahini and lime juice and purée. Then add in your garbanzo beans and blend till combined. Add in all your seasoning, and pulse for a few more seconds.
- Preparing the Beans from the Can: Drain and rinse your chickpeas, add to your blender or food processor. Add your Cilantro, jalapeno, greek yogurt, garlic, olive oil, tahini and lime juice and purée. Then add in your garbanzo beans and blend till combined. Add in all your seasoning, and pulse for a few more seconds.
- Once the beans are soft, place them into a large pot and cover with water.
- Cook on medium heat for 15 minutes till they have been cooked.
- Strain the chickpeas and set aside.
- For best results chill it in an airtight container for up to 2 hours or more before serving.
- The longer it chills in the fridge the thicker it becomes and the flavors really set in.
HOW LONG TO ROAST GARLIC
It is very simple, place the garlic whole in a preheated oven or your air fryer at 400 f and roast for 35 to 40 minutes, or until soft.
Serve this with some Homemade Pita Bread and enjoy!
LOOKING FOR MORE HUMMUS RECIPES?
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this, I want to see! Follow Canadian Cooking Adventures Instagram, snap a photo, and tag and hashtag it with @canadiancookingadventures and #canadiancookingadventures.
- 3 cups chick-peas
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 large head of roasted garlic
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Then cut of the very top of the garlic head about 1/4 so that the garlic can roast better.
- Wrap the garlic in tinfoil and roast for 35-40 mins till soft.
- Once roasted squeeze out the garlic and place in a food processor.
- Place the rinsed and strained chickpeas in next, olive oil, lemon juice, cayenne pepper and sea salt.
- Blend till smooth, then scoop out and store in the fridge and or freezer containers.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Kitchen Utensils Set Silicone Cooking Pioneer Utensil 16PCS with Holder Measuring Spoons Wooden Spatula Turner Tongs Heat Resistant BPA FREE for Nonstick Cookware Tool Gift for Women Mom Family
Dash Smart Store Compact Hand Mixer Electric for Whipping + Mixing Cookies, Brownies, Cakes, Dough, Batters, Meringues & More, 3 speed, Aqua
DOWAN Ceramic Soup Bowls, Cereal Bowl, 22 Ounce Bowls Set, Chip Resistant, Dishwasher & Microwave Safe, Porcelain Bowls for Kitchen, White Bowls for Cereal Soup Rice Pasta Salad Oatmeal, Set of 4
Mixing Bowls with Airtight Lids, 6 piece Stainless Steel Metal Bowls by Umite Chef, Measurement Marks & Colorful Non-Slip Bottoms Size 7, 3.5, 2.5, 2.0,1.5, 1QT, Great for Mixing & Serving
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 111Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 171mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
These calculations are based off Nutritionix