Here is a recipe for the Best Chicken Stir fry it goes great alongside a warm bowl of Jasmine rice and makes for healthy meal.
This quick and easy Chinese inspired takeout recipe can be enjoyed in less than 30 minutes.
The chicken and vegetables are coated in a sweet and savory honey sauce that your family is sure to enjoy!
Vegetables of all kinds go well in this stir fry, you feel free to experiment with what you have on hand.
Best Chicken Stir fry recipe
I like to use a frozen vegetable mixture on those days where I am pressed for time.
So for this recipe, I have used one of my favorite frozen “Asian vegetable mixes” which has broccoli, carrots, green beans, water crescents in it.
However you can use whatever vegetables you like. Fresh or frozen will work, just make sure that if your using frozen to defrost them prior to cooking.
If you end up giving this recipe a try, do let me know in the comments below.
Inspired by: https://rasamalaysia.com/honey-lime-chicken/
Note: Feel free to squeeze a little bit more lime juice over the dish at the end.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox every Month!
Best Chicken Stir fry recipe
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- 2 Boneless chicken breasts
- 1 Lime
- 2 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 2 cups Mixed frozen asian vegetables
- 5 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp Chicken Stock
- 1 tsp Soya sauce
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- pinch Cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp Corn Starch
- Salt to taste
- Start by marinating the chicken, dice up the chicken into bite sized pieces and then place in a bowl along with the lime juice. Marinade in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes, the lime really helps to flavor the chicken, so do not skip this step.
- Then in a large wok or pan heat 1 tbsp of sesame oil over medium heat, then add in the diced chicken. Stir fry till cooked, remove the chicken and set aside.
- In the same wok add the "vegetables" minced garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- In two seperate bowls, make the sauce by starting to mix the honey with 1 tbsp of lime juice then add the remaining ingredients. Next in the other bowl mix the cornstarch mixture with the chicken stock till blended.
- Add the cooked chicken back into the walk, pouring in the corn starch/stock mixture. Allow the stock to thicken up before adding in the "sauce" mixture. Along with the sesame seeds.
- Simmer everything all together on medium to low heat for another 10 minutes then serve.
- Serve immediately, with rice if desired. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 657Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 758mgCarbohydrates: 84gFiber: 12gSugar: 53gProtein: 46g
These calculations are based off Nutritionix