This Beef Masala Recipe is made with creamy coconut milk can be pulled together in less than 30 minutes! How is that for an easy weeknight meal?
Plus this Indian Beef CURRY tastes even better the next day.
So if you’re anything like me, you will want to make enough for your lunch or dinner the following day.
If you know me, you know that I LOVE INDIAN food.
Heck I go out to eat it at least three to four times per month.
Also i’m picky when it come to my food so you can trust that my recipes are darn good.
Indian Beef Curry can be all made in one pot, making it really easy to make.
So skip the takeout or dining out tonight and make this authentic dish in the comfort of your own home.
If you have never made Indian food before, you are going to be shocked at how easy it is to make.
Basically all we are doing here is sauteing the beef. Then tossing in all those delicious spices along with some butter and searing for a few minutes till fragrant.
Before adding in the tomato paste, coconut milk and chopped green pepper.
Then simmer it all together till the beef is tender and all those delicious flavors have merged.
I like to serve this alongside a bed of Jasmine rice and sometimes if I am in the mood for something extra special. I will make homemade naan bread on the side, see recipe below for that.
Indian Beef Curry is also known as Beef Masala, it’s the same thing. Different names, both dishes are prepared the same way other than some people use cream vs coconut milk.
Which is just as good if you ask me, also I like to add Green Peppers to this dish. Typically it just has beef, however I find it gives it more of a rounded meal.
Indian Beef Curry has hints of spice and comes in a deep rich brown sauce. It really is something special and this recipe has all the same tastes that you would find at your local favorite Indian.
WHAT IS BEEF MASALA
- Beef Masala is a traditional Indian side dish that is typically served as a meal alongside rice or naan bread. It cooks the beef very tender in a rich curry paste.
You may have thought that making Beef Masala at home would be complicated, but I am here to tell you it is not.
HOW TO MAKE BEEF MASALA
- It all starts with having the right spices, which are very easy to find.
- Then you will want to buy some beef chunks.
- Everything is made in one pot, so the rest is easy peasy.
WHAT IS IN BEEF MASALA
- BEEF MASALA consists of some kind of Beef Stewing meat, cream or coconut milk, ginger and garlic and some Indian spices.
WHAT SPICES ARE USED IN BEEF MASALA
Beef Masala or Garam Masala is made up of Coriander seeds, Cumin, Red Chillies, Turmeric, Black Pepper, Iodised Salt, Dried Ginger, Mustard, Fennel, Seeds, Garlic, Cassia, Fenugreek Leaves, Cardamom Amomum, Cloves, Nutmeg, Green Cardamom, Mace, Asafoetida.
However I like to use a pre-packaged meat masala which is super easy to use when making Indian food at home yourself.
The Brand I like to use when making my beef masala can be seen below and is found at Superstore.
BEEF MASALA INSTANT POT
- You can make Beef Masala in the Instant Pot in less the time. That is because the Instant Pot makes the beef very tender in a quickly.
IS BEEF MASALA GLUTEN FREE
IS BEEF MASALA KETO
FRESH VEGETABLES THAT GO GREAT IN BEEF MASALA
- Broccoli (add at the very end of cooking) simmer on low for 3 minutes.
- Potatoes (add at the start of cooking)
- Red, Green, Yellow or Orange peppers
FROZEN VEGETABLES THAT GO GREAT IN BEEF MASALA
- Frozen peas (add at the very end of cooking) simmer on low for 3 minutes.
IS BEEF MASALA HEALTHY
- YES, is very healthy for you! All those spices are good for the body and soul!
So what are you waiting for?
Skip the takeout tonight and make this quick and easy dish right in the comfort of your own home.
Enjoy your Dinner!
Before you know it you will be a TOP CHEF in your kitchen, cooking Indian dishes like a Pro.
WHAT GOES WITH BEEF MASALA
- Jasmine Rice or Naan Bread
LOOKING FOR AN AWESOME NAAN BREAD RECIPE TO SERVE ALONGSIDE THIS CURRY?
Then look no further, I got you covered! My Garlic Naan Bread Recipe is a WINNER!
If you love INDIAN food as much as me, then you will want to try my other Indian dishes! All are AMAZING and really are some of the best ways to make Indian at home in a fraction of the time.
Note: Want a spicer Beef Masala, simply add a pinch of cayenne pepper. Also make sure to use a full fat coconut milk. Shake the can and if you hear liquid buy one that is firm not liquidy.
- Creamy Coconut Chicken Curry
- Chickpea Curry
- Super Tasty Chicken Karahi
- Vegan Thai Coconut Green Curry
- Best Thai Red Curry
- Chicken Chickpea Curry
I’m thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! Thank you and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
- 2 lbs stewing beef, sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk
- 2 tsp White Vinegar
- 1 tsp White sugar
- t tsp salt
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tin Tomato paste
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 2 tbsp Garam Masala
- Start by adding 2 tbsp of butter to a pot and once it melts add in the sliced stewing beef.
- Saute the beef on medium heat till browned.
- Then add in the garam masala and other spices and saute for one minute till fragrant.
- Add in the tomato paste and saute for 5 more minutes before adding in the coconut milk.
- Next, chop the green pepper and add that in.
- Add in the vinegar and sugar, stir.
- Cover the pot with a lid and simmer on low/medium heat for 35 minutes or until the beef is tender. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 342 Total Fat: 32g Saturated Fat: 24g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 34mg Sodium: 661mg Carbohydrates: 10g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g Protein: 9g