These Beef Koftas are made with ground beef, fresh parsley, onions, olive oil and seasonings. And served with lemon wedges or tzatziki sauce.
Beef Koftas go really well with Tzatziki sauce, you can try the recipe right here on this blog.
As well you can serve them with some fresh Homemade Pita Breads as well!
Looking for other awesome lamb recipes? Try my Moroccan Lamb Stew or my Lamb Curry.
When making this recipe you can either food process the parsley and onions or chop them finely on a cutting board which is the more traditional method to making Kofta.
WHAT ARE BEEF KOFTAS SERVED WITH
They also go well served along with a salad of tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce or tabbouleh.
WHAT SPICES ARE IN BEEF KOFTA
Traditionally, cumin, coriander, paprika, ground cinnamon, cayenne pepper and salt and pepper
However, when I make them I use a pre-made Turkish seasoning that can be found at Superstore as seen below.
It does not all spice though so I do add that along with garlic powder as the only other addition.
IS BEEF KOFTA SPICY
It can be depending on how much cayenne pepper is added.
BEEF KOFTA WHAT IS IT
Originally from the middle east Beef Koftas are made with ground meat, fresh herbs and spices.
IS BEEF KOFTA GREEK
I believe Beef Koftas originated from the middle east, however as people have immigrated they are now very well known recipe in Greece.
WHERE ARE BEEF KOFTAS FROM
CAN YOU GRILL BEEF KOFTAS
Yes, traditionally they are grilled over charcoal on a grill.
I do it on my stove-top on a grilling pan as I do not have an outdoor grill at this time.
DOES BEEF KOFTA HAVE GLUTEN
No, they are made with ground beef, fresh parsley, chopped onion a seasonings.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this, I want to see! Follow Canadian Cooking Adventures Instagram, snap a photo, and tag and hashtag it with @canadiancookingadventures and #canadiancookingadventures.
Stay connected and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram for all of my latest recipes
Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
- 1 lb / 500 g beef mince (ground beef)
- 2 tbsp of oilive oil
- 1 onion , chopped finely
- 1 bunch of chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp of Turkish seasonings
- 1/2 tsp of all spice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon
You will want to soak your wood kabob skewers in water prior to use for at least 5minutes to prevent burning.
2. Then either grate, chop the onion and parsley till it is of a fine mixture before adding in the ground beef to hand mix.
3. Once that is done, chop the beef, parsley and onion all together till mixed.
4. Skew the meat onto kabobs with your hands pressing firmly to ensure it sticks to the wooden skewer
5. Then heat a grilling pan to medium heat and oil generously before placing the skewers on.
6. Be sure to use a rubber spatula to help turn the skewers as they tend to stick.
7. Cook on each side for 4 minutes or till browned on all four sides prior to serving
8. Serve with tzatziki sauce and fresh lemon wedges
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 558Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 148mgSodium: 252mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 46g
These calculations are based off Nutritionix