This Easy Ground Beef Wellington recipe is spiced just right and is family favorite in our house. With the additions of mushrooms and is something that can be whipped up in less than an hour since we are using some pre made puff pastry.
Your family can enjoy this homemade recipe any time of the year.
But really makes the perfect addition to any Holiday meal.
FUN FACT: Beef Wellington get’s it’s name from a man named Arthur Wellesley who was the first Duke of Wellington. He had a victorious Battle on June 18 1815.
The Duke was given his title after defeating Napoleon Bonaparte the year before, and not long after he became Prime Minister.
Traditional Beef Wellington was made with fillet steak inside. I have had that at a restaurant once and it was delicious.
However, I wanted to create something different. And mix the best of both worlds, beef and mushrooms. This recipe has now become popular on this blog, I hope you give it a try and let me know what you think.
HOW TO MAKE HAMBURGER BEEF WELLINGTON
This recipe is made with lean ground beef, onions, mushrooms, eggs, panko bread crumbs, flour, red wine vinegar, worcestershire sauce and seasoned with fresh thyme and rosemary.
Be sure to use fresh thyme and rosemary in this recipe, it makes all the difference.
Also do not skip on the worcestershire and red wine vinegar it helps to merge all the flavors together.
HOW TO MAKE PUFF PASTRY
I used a pre – made puff pastry to save time, (see below) The pre – made puff pastry I recommend is from Tenderflake. The box has 397 grams of puff pasty in it!
Simply remove it from the package, allow it to defrost for 1 hour and sprinkle with flour before rolling it out.
Fill the pastry with the Beef and Mushroom mixture.
Brush with the egg wash.
And make impressions to the dough as so with a fork.
Looking for a FANTASTIC homemade puff pastry recipe?
I have one here in my in my “Turkey Pot Pie” recipe instructions.
You may be more familiar the more traditional “Beef Wellington” type recipes. Which have you using Beef tenderloin or fillet instead of hamburger.
However, this recipe is just as good and if you use brown mushrooms alongside the hamburger it becomes absolutely amazing.
You will be able to serve 3 peoples for dinner easily with this. And if your wanting to serve more, I would recommending make 2 of them. Which is not hard to do at all!
Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Want more Christmas & Thanksgiving recipes?
- Brussel Sprouts with bacon
- Butter Herb & Parmesan Mushrooms
- Turkey Pot Pies
- Creamy Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- Honey Mustard Brussel Sprouts
- Shredded Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and Balsamic
Also check out my roundup of Thanksgiving & Christmas Recipes from around the World or my 10 delicious stuffing recipes! for more inspiration!
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this, I want to see! Follow Canadian Cooking Adventures Instagram, snap a photo, and tag and hashtag it with @canadiancookingadventures and #canadiancookingadventures.
- PUFF PASTRY
- 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 1 Butter Puff Pastry
- 1 Egg
- 1 lb Lean Hamburger
- 1 medium Onion
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 cups Brown Mushrooms
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Flour
- 1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Fresh Thyme
- 1 tbsp Dried Rosemary
- 1 tsp Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Start by sauteing the ground hamburger and onions in a large frying pan till near cooked. Then add in the worcheshire sauce and red wine vinegar saute till fully cooked.
- Then season with a little salt and pepper. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan add the butter and sliced brown mushrooms and saute till browned.
- Add back in the hamburger, minced garlic, garlic powder and fresh herbs and saute another 3 minutes all together.
- In a large bowl add cooked hamburger and mushrooms along with the panko bread crumbs, 1 tbsp of flour and egg.
- Mix everything to combine and set aside.
- On a large floured surface roll out the puff pastry and fill with the mixture, fold over on all sides and brush with some egg wash to help seal it up and brown the outside.
- With a fork make some slits along the top for decoration and then oil a large baking pan then dust it with 1/2 cup of flour so the pastry doesn't stick.
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes and or until browned. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cuisinart C55-12PCKSAM 12 Piece Color Knife Set with Blade Guards (6 knives and 6 knife covers), Jewel - Amazon Exclusive
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls (Set of 5), Non Slip Colorful Silicone Bottom Nesting Storage Bowls by Regiller, Polished Mirror Finish For Healthy Meal Mixing and Prepping 1.5-2 - 2.5-3.5 - 7QT
Mixing Bowls with Airtight Lids, 6 piece Stainless Steel Metal Bowls by Umite Chef, Measurement Marks & Colorful Non-Slip Bottoms Size 7, 3.5, 2.5, 2.0,1.5, 1QT, Great for Mixing & Serving
Dash Smart Store Compact Hand Mixer Electric for Whipping + Mixing Cookies, Brownies, Cakes, Dough, Batters, Meringues & More, 3 speed, Aqua
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 892Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 289mgSodium: 1037mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 7gSugar: 7gProtein: 59g
These calculations are based off Nutritionix