These Baked Sweet Potatoes and Brussel Sprouts are tender sweet and savory all at once. Made with a few simple ingredients that you are sure to love.
I was looking to make a hearty vegetable side dish that I could pack into some meal preps for the week ahead.
And that is when I came across this “Brussel Sprout” tree. Isn’t it Amazing!!
I stood there and pondered what can I make for my readers that I have not already made with brussels?
And that is when I saw the yams and was like UHA!
You can serve these yam and Brussel sprouts with just about any meal, however they do work very very well as a side dish, think Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.
HOW TO MAKE BAKED SWEET POTATOES AND BRUSSEL SPROUTS
- Your going to want to start by washing, peeling and dicing the yams.
- Same with the brussels sprouts, however I left my whole you can dice them as well if you desire.
- Next toss them in a large bowl with your cooking oil of choice and season generously before baking in the oven on a large baking sheet at 400 f for 35 minutes.
A Wulla there you have it a hearty plate full of Yams and Brussels!
More Christmas & Thanksgiving recipes you may like:
See below for more inspiration!
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe i’d love to hear about it! Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
1 lb Brussel Sprouts
1 large Yams/Sweet Potatoes
6 tbsp Cold pressed Camelina Oil/High Heat cooking oil
2 tbsp Provencal spice
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Start by washing then peeling the yam skins off with a knife. Be careful as this is the part where you may need to put a little extra pressure on the knife to get the skin to come off.
- Then once the yams are peeled, dice them into bite sized pieces.
- Now preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and meanwhile wash the brussels too.
- Toss the yams and brussels into a large bowl and add the oil and seasonings toss to coat.
- Place all the vegetables onto a large baking sheet and bake in the oven for 35 minutes and or until the vegetables are tender. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 215Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 74mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 3g
These calculations are based off Nutritionix
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Pinterest