- 680 g (1 1/2lb) Hamburger
- 2 tbsp Onion powder
- 2 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Onionsliced
- 4 leaves Lettuce
- 1 Tomatoesliced
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 lime Lime
- 1 Jalapenochopped and seeds remoed
- 1 tsp Garlicchopped
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Flakes
- 2 Avocado
This is my go to and absolute favorite way to make a California type Burger, that’s a burger made with Guacamole. You can choose to broil it, grill it or pan fry your burgers in a cast iron skillet. I prefer to do mine in a cast iron skillet because the meat sears nicely and doesn’t fall apart as easy as they do on the grill. Also I mix half my seasonings into my burgers and then add some after forming the patties on the outside, very tasty!
- Cast iron skillet, I like to use my Lodge L10SK3 12-Inch Logic Pre-Seasoned Skillet or Bbq
To make the Burgers:
- Combine all the spices (Garlic salt, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder and salt n pepper) in a small bowl, mix together. In another bowl add the ground beef and about 1/2 of the spices. Mix and shape into hamburger patties roughly 1/2 inch thick and place into a hot skillet or on the grill and cook till then are browned on the outside and medium rare to broiled on the outside. Toast the burger buns, if desired. And layer with lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese, bacon, and guacamole.
To make the Guacamole:
- Smashed 2 ripe avocadoes, jalapeno, onion powder, chili flakes, garlic and lime. Salt and pepper to taste, chill in the fridge for a min of 30 minutes prior to placing on burger.
Condiments: Mayonnaise, Mustard, Tomatoes, Ketchup, Relish, Pickles etc
Want to make a bunch of extra hamburgers to freeze for another time? Simply lay out your shaped burgers on a cookie sheet, lined with parchment paper and freeze. After frozen solid, stack into an extra large freezer bag and freeze till your ready to use.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe id love to hear about it! You can post a Review, Picture below or via Instagram and let me know how it turned out. And by doing so you will be automatically entered into our seasonal CONTEST to win one of our great prizes. Winner will be notified via email within a week after the contest closes. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox every Month!