- 4 medium Avacadoes
- 2 cups Chick Peas
- 4 tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp Tahini (sesame paste)*most Mediterranean or Middle Eastern markets carry this
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 meduim Serrano Pepper
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Chili Flakes
- 2 tbsp Cilantro
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- Salt n Pepper to taste
This Hummus has a little kick and that is from the Amazing Serrano Pepper. The serrano pepper is a type of chili pepper that originated in the mountainous regions of the Mexican states of Puebla and Hidalgo. The name of the pepper is a reference to the mountains of these regions. Making this typically plain hummus recipe absolutely delicious! You can substitute for Jalapeno peppers if you desire, the more you add the hotter it will be. Give it a go, and please let me know what you think.
- Blender or Food Processor, I use my Oyster Fusion Blender
To make the Avocado Hummus:
- Drain and rinse chickpeas, add to your blender or food processor with your avocado, olive oil, tahini, lime juice, cilantro and fresh garlic. Pulse for 1 minute or so until chickpeas and avocado are semi – smooth.
- Next add in all your “dry spices” and pulse again until smooth this time, scraping down sides if needed and adding in more olive oil if you feel is needed.
- Serve an hour or more after chilling in the fridge with your choice of tortilla chips ARRIBA!
Note: For best results chill it in an airtight container for up to 1 hour or more before serving. The longer it chills in the fridge the thicker it becomes and the flavors really set in. Also add the pit of one Avocado in the mixture helps to maintain its freshness.
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this recipe id love to hear about it! You can post a review, picture below or via Instagram and let me know how it turned out. And by doing so you will be automatically entered into our seasonal CONTEST to win one of our great prizes. Winner will be notified via email within a week after the contest closes. Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox every Month!