- Start by slicing the yam fries DIAGONALLY on a cutting board into 1/4 inch slices.
- Once the yam is sliced into slim chips, place them into a large bowl and submerge in water.
- Soak for a minimum of 30 minutes on the counter.
- Then drain and place the fries and add to a medium sized bowl
- Drizzle the chips with 2 tbsp of cooking oil of your choosing and season away!
- Place the fries in the Air Fryer and allow it to do the Cooking.
- My T fal air fryer cooks these in 25 minutes!
These Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips are sweet with a hint of spice. I like to serve them alongside a homemade Avocado Ranch Dip!
I love Air Fryer Sweet Potato chips because they are a healthy snack that can be made in less than 25 minutes in the comfort of your own home.
IS AIR FRYING HEALTHY?
Yes, very. Since the hot air is doing all the frying, saving you from using oil. But also giving you a deep fried taste without all those trans fats. The food ends up crispy on the outside and moist on the inside.
Some people think that an Air Fryer is mostly for people who eat a lot of fried food. I admit I once was apart of that group, however I soon realised that if you like to bake foods too. Like I do, then the air fryer really cuts out a lot of the unnecessary fat.
HOW LONG TO AIR FRY SWEET POTATO CHIPS
My t fal air fryer cooks them in 20 minutes. Best to check with your air fryers cooking instructions as each air fryer instructions vary.
CAN YOU AIR FRY SWEET POTATO CHIPS
Yes, you can cook them whole, make them into Air Fryer Fries or chips.
AIR FRYER SWEET POTATO CHIPS NO OIL
Yes, you can also make them without oil if desired. However I do like to add drizzle some oil in mine as they do help to make them extra crispy.
WHAT IS AIR FRYING?
Air frying is a healthy alternative to deep frying food. And most air fryers have been marketed in a way to make you think that this cooking technique is best for those who make a lot of those at home.
Well I am here to tell you that you do not need to just be a deep fried food lover to want to use this cooking method. RATHER if you love to bake food, then this is also a great alternative.
And in most cases is much healthier than traditional baking methods.
Because air frying mimics deep fried foods but uses little to no oil.
And if your cooking something fatty, the fat will drip away and off the food.
So you can enjoy all the same deep – fried or baked foods that we have all come to know and love again but in a healthy way.
The air hot air is what cooks the food not the oil. If you have some frozen foods on hand, feel free to throw out any deep fryer you may have because the air fryer can now do the same job.
But it is not only frozen food that can be cooked this way, pretty much any food you can think of can.
Such as my Best Air Fryer French Fries” they are so tasty too!
HOW TO AIR FRY SWEET POTATO CHIPS
WHAT MAKES FRIES CRISPY?
The air flow that is create under and around the sweet potato fries.
The more dryer they become the more crispy they will become. Also the thinner the fries the easier it is for them to become crispy, I like to cut mine about 1/4 to 1/2 of a inch thick.
Also surprisingly soak them in water beforehand helps to remove the starch as it soaks into the water. The starch is what hinders the moisture from escaping.
Which in turn prevents the fries from burning to a crisp and keeps them moist inside and crispy on the out.
Try out my Avocado Ranch Dip with these Chips!
You will love the flavor combination!
Wanting some more AWESOME Air Fryer recipes?
- Air fryer Cajun Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Bbq Ribs
- Air fryer BBQ Chicken
- Air fryer Zucchini chips keto
- Air Fryer French Fries
- Air fryer Eggplant Chips
- Spicy Air Fryer Kale Chips
- Air fryer Asian Chicken Drumsticks
I am so thrilled you are reading one of my recipes, if you made this, I want to see! Follow Canadian Cooking Adventures Instagram, snap a photo, and tag and hashtag it with @canadiancookingadventures and #canadiancookingadventures.
- 1 Large Sweet Potato Yam
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- Avocado Ranch Dip
- 2 Avocado
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 1 (16 oz) container of sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package plain cream cheese
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt n pepper to taste
- On a large cutting board chop the yam into 1/4 inch fries.
- Then place them into a large bowl and sumerge with water.
- Soak for a minimum of 30 minutes, strain and place into another bowl.
- Place in a medium sized bowl and season with salt and pepper and drizzle with a cooking oil of your choice.
- Air fry according to your cookers instructions, my t fal air fryer takes 25 minutes to make mine perfectly cooked.
- While it's baking make the avocado ranch dip, serve alongside and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 849Total Fat: 65gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 48gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 1806mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 20gSugar: 11gProtein: 11g
These calculations are based off Nutritionix