- If your using a Kitchen Top Air Fryer, follow your Air fryers cooking instructions for chicken.
- To make this Chicken you will want to start with a whole chicken and chop it up before marinating it in some buttermilk.
- Once the chicken has marinated, you will then simply coat each piece in flour and seasonings.
- Place some parchment paper in the air fryer to prevent sticking or spray the bottom with oil and air fry according to your tools cooking instructions.
- Typical air fryers can cook chicken in less than 35 minutes! Be sure to flip the chicken over once during this time period and once you think it has cooked. Check the internal temperature or cut the chicken in the middle to ensure it has no pink parts in it.
This is my go to recipe for Air Fried Chicken. These Air Fried Chicken pieces are super crispy, moist and absolutely delicious!
WHAT IS AN AIR FRYER
An airfryer is a tool that allows you to make “crispy foods” that taste similar to what a deep fryer used to be able to make. With way less fat since an air fryer uses way less oil. Making most air fried foods, healthy!
And I’m here to tell you that you do not need to just be a deep fried food lover to want to use this cooking method. RATHER if you love to bake food, then this is also a great alternative. And in most cases is much healthier than traditional baking methods.
Because air frying mimics deep fried foods but uses little to no oil. And if your cooking something fatty, the fat will drip away and off the food.
So you can enjoy all the same deep – fried or baked foods that we have all come to know and love again but in a healthy way.
The air hot air is what cooks the food not the oil. If you have some frozen foods on hand, feel free to throw out any deep fryer you may have because the air fryer can now do the same job.
But it is not only frozen food that can be cooked this way, pretty much any food you can think of can.
IS AIR FRIED CHICKEN HEALTHY
Yes! Air frying means, less fat. And ever since I’ve started cooking this way, I have fully eliminated all my previous recipes that call for a deep fryer and now use this cooking method.
That means, you will not find me deep frying anything in this house anymore. I will forever more be an air fryer kinda lady! Thanks to the Germans who created this nifty machine.
You too can now eat some of America’s most popular foods but in a much more healthy way.
So if you love deep fried chicken, then you are going to want to try this recipe.
If you have never used an air fryer, now is the time. They are more affordable than ever before. Plus they are also a much healthier way to cook food, since the fat drains away and it is never deep fried.
Some people think that an Air Fryer is mostly for people who eat a lot of fried food. I admit I once was apart of that group, however I soon realised that if you like to bake foods too.
Like I do, then the air fryer really cuts out a lot of the unnecessary fat.
Think of it, how do you typically bake chicken? If you are anything like me. You would place it on a pan in the oven and sometimes use a baking sheet to catch the grease.
However with the air fryer it elevates the food and allows all that (FAT) to drip away.
ARE AIR FRYER CHICKEN WINGS CRISPY
Yes, they are just as crispy as any deep fried chicken recipe.
CAN YOU AIR FRY CHICKEN WINGS
Yes, the air fryer cooks them so well. I typically serve these wings with a side salad, which makes for a delicious and healthy weeknight meal.
And really all we are doing here is, covering the wings in your favorite BBQ sauce then placing them in the airfryer or oven to bake. Pretty easy if you ask me!
I encourage you to try my favorite bbq sauce, if your going to want the best wings. I have tried many sauces and you will not believe it.
CAN I USE ANY KIND OF AIR FRYER?
I currently have and use the T-fal ActiFry Fryer
Also on occasion I will use my Gotham Steel Fryer as well. *Goes direct in the oven.
Both tools work well for this recipe!
HOW TO AIR FRYER CHICKEN
- If your using the Gotham Steel Crisper I would advise to turn your oven to Conventional bake, which will make the chicken extra crispy.
- Otherwise if your oven does not have that setting you can simply place the crisper on the middle rack, which works well too.
- Follow the same instructions above.
I like to serve this Air Fried Chicken with a Bean salad! Such as my Simple Bean Salad recipe!
Plus if you use the Gotham Air Fryer it is super simple to clean, I am talking hard sticky food at the bottom of the tray slides right off. No scrubbing at all is needed, it could not be more simpular guys.
Another reason I like the Gotham Crisper is because it cooks more food than the typical table top Air Fryers. Because it has a lot of space on that tray!
If you have a table top Air Fryer all these recipes will work the same. Because Air Fryers all use the same type of cooking techniques.
Wanting some more AWESOME Air Fryer recipes? Check out some of my oh so popular recipes below.
- Air fryer cajun sweet potato fries
- Best Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air fryer zucchini chips keto
- Air fryer eggplant chips
- Spicy Air Fryer Kale Chips
- Panko Air Fryer Chicken
- Air fryer asian chicken drumsticks
Stay tuned to this blog for more “Air Fryer“ inspired recipes to come!
Air Fryer Fried Chicken
If this recipe looks good to you, please pin it and share it.
★ Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! ★ Thank you very much for reading and until next time see ya in the kitchen. Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
- Whole chicken cut into separate pieces
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp of Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Seasoning salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- ½ tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Poultry Seasoning
- 1 tbsp of Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Onion powder
- Oil for spraying Canola or Vegetable
- 1 Lemon
- Start with a whole chicken, and using a large butcher knife. Cut it into pieces, thigh, wings and breasts.
- Then in a large bowl rinse the chicken and strain. Add 1 1/2 cups of butter milk and then place covered in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
- Once the chicken has brined/marinade, strain out the buttermilk and discard of it.
- In a small bowl add all the flour, cornstarch and seasonings, toss to mix and dredge the chicken in it. Making sure to coat the chicken entirely with the seasoned flour.
- Then either place parchment paper at the bottom of the air fryer or spray evenly with oil to prevent sticking.
- Add the chicken into the air fryer, making sure it does not overlap.
- Then spray the chicken on both sides lightly with oil.
- Then Air fry according to your air fryers cooking instructions. Be sure to turn the chicken over once midway through cooking.
- And spray again at that point with more oil to ensure the flour is coated with a light layer of oil at all times.
- Serve with fresh lemon wedges, enjoy!
Wanting to add a bit of spice to the chicken: Toss in 1/2 tsp of chili powder or cayenne to the seasoning mix.
Be sure to spray the Chicken with some oil prior to cooking, otherwise it will taste like dry four and won't crisp up.
Also, make sure to give each piece of chicken space. Otherwise they will stick and not crisp up. So depending on the size of your air fryer you may have to make two batches.
Recipe inspired by: My forking life / air fryer chicken
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 564Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 134mgSodium: 1663mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 48g