Skip the Takeout Recipes
I have compiled this list of my top 10 most popular Skip the Takeout Recipes on Canadian Cooking Adventures.com
Now I don’t know about you but take out food does not only mean chinese food. Well not here in Canada! We have some pretty amazing Indian, Italian and local takeout restaurants here too. And though I love asian takeout food, I also love other cultures too. I have started to work on my collection of my favorite takeout inspired recipes over the past year. And have compiled this list of my top 10 that are currently the most popular on my site. Stay tuned as this ever evolving collection of SKIP THE TAKEOUT recipes are only going to grow.
If you end up trying any of my top ten recipes, do let me know in the comments either below or on the recipe page how you liked it. I would love to hear from you! Oh and if your a Vegetarian then you will find 2 recipes here that will suit your taste. Enjoy!
1. Black Pepper Chicken Stir Fry – One of my most popular asian and skip the take out inspired dishes. And one of me and my partners favorite chinese dishes has made it to the top 10. If you have tried this in the restaurant’s before and liked it then you have to try it at home. Enjoy!
2. Beef Pepper Ramen Noodle Stir fry – This has become one of my most popular ramen recipes here on Canadian Cooking Adventures, it has received over 1k views within the first week. And I’m not too surprised as to why so many people have enjoyed it. It’s quick and easy and really satisfies that ramen craving!! I know you get it, we all do.
3.Prosciutto and Spicy Capocollo Pizza – This pizza is one of my favorite homemade pizza recipes. Yes it takes a bit of time to make the crust, but once you do the rest comes together in no time at all. And trust me this pizza is better than takeout! You can make it thin crust like I prefer or make it thicker and I will teach you how to do both in the recipe.
4. Creamy Coconut Chicken Curry – This simple curry will impress even the pickiest of eaters. And will have your family thinking that you either a) ordered this from your local Indian restaurant or b) have taken some cooking lessons since this tastes so amazing!
5. The Keg Steaks– One of my most popular steak recipes on the blog and for these Keg Steaks. The Keg is a popular steak house here in Canada and there Steaks are pretty expensive. If you’re looking for a great steak recipe but one that is a bit different than the average butter and herb recipe that you are probably finding, then you just found it.
6. Singapore Laksa Soup– I have always loved Laksa soup, however it is a hard soup to find made well in the restaurants. I do not know why that is but it’s true. Some places have got it right while others not. So I learned to make it myself and this recipes, sure hits the spot. If you like Laksa soup you are sure to love this homemade version. Absolutely delicious! So if you’re looking for the best LAKSA soup you just found it!
7. Jalapeno Cheese Burgers – Yes you can go out for burgers and spend $10 dollars a burger that will taste nothing as good as this one. I’d rather spend $10 and make enough for four people and stay home and relax, wouldn’t you? These burgers are best made on the outside grill or inside if you have and will change your mind about going out for burgers ever again!
8. Chicken and Mushroom Pappardelle – Why go to the Olive Garden when you can make even better at home? Oh and my recipes is much healthier since we are using whole milk vs cream!
9. Authentic Chicken Chow Mein– Now I can’t leave out my favorite chow mein and apparently neither can my readers. This chow mein is made with fresh noodles and is absolutely delicious!
10. Vegetarian Lo Mein– Last but not least my Vegetarian Lo Mein soup for those who like to eat Vegetarian. This vegetarian lo mein is packed with loads of veggies and super tasty noodles. Then it’s all tossed together in the most delicious sauce.
Looking for more SKIP THE TAKEOUT inspired recipes? See my Skip The Takeout page!
I’m thrilled to have you here ? if you made any of these recipe i’d love to hear about it! Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
Canadian Cooking Adventures is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com