Skip The Dishes and Skip The Takeout
Ordering Takeout food can get very expensive!
I love takeout food just as much as anybody, but I also like to spend my hard earned money on things other than food delivery services. Skip the dishes is a food delivery service here in Canada and is a good option now and then, but can get expensive if your ordering out more than cooking at home.
What if I told you that you could “Skip The Dishes“ = Delivery by Skipping The Takeout and learn to make some of your favorite “take out” inspired recipes at home? That is what I do and trust me you will save a ton of money doing so as well.
Most of the recipes listed here can be made in less than 30 minutes as well. If that does not inspire you to prepare more healthy take out inspired meals at home than I don’t know what will. All these recipes have been tried and tested and are very popular.
I have compiled this list of my most popular Skip the Takeout Recipes on Canadian Cooking Adventures.com. Stay tuned to this blog as this list is evolving!
Now I don’t know about you but take out food does not only mean chinese food. Well not here in Canada! We have some pretty amazing Indian, Italian and local takeout restaurants here too. And though I love asian takeout food, I also love other cultures too. I have started to work on my collection of my favorite takeout inspired recipes over the past year. And have compiled this list of my top 10 that are currently the most popular on my site. Stay tuned as this ever evolving collection of SKIP THE TAKEOUT recipes are only going to grow.
1. Black Pepper Chicken Stir Fry – One of my most popular asian and skip the take out inspired dishes. And one of me and my partners favorite chinese dishes has made it to the top 10. If you have tried this in the restaurant’s before and liked it then you have to try it at home. Enjoy!
2. Vegetable Egg Drop Soup – Warm up to a BIG Bowl of the most delicious “Vegetable Egg Drop Soup”. This popular chinese soup it’s super simple to make and believe it or not very filling. Not to mention inexpensive and addicting!
3. Best Thai Red Curry – This is one of my favorite ways to make Red Thai Curry!
4. Beef Pepper Ramen Noodle Stir fry – This has become one of my most popular ramen recipes here on Canadian Cooking Adventures, it has received over 1k views within the first week. And I’m not too surprised as to why so many people have enjoyed it. It’s quick and easy and really satisfies that ramen craving!! I know you get it, we all do.
5. Creamy Spinach and Mushroom Ravioli -This Creamy Spinach and Mushroom ravioli is absolutely delicious and is 100% vegetarian! Simmered in a savory cream sauce that is made with passata tomato puree and goat cheese.
6.Prosciutto and Spicy Capocollo Pizza – This pizza is one of my favorite homemade pizza recipes. Yes it takes a bit of time to make the crust, but once you do the rest comes together in no time at all. And trust me this pizza is better than takeout! You can make it thin crust like I prefer or make it thicker and I will teach you how to do both in the recipe.
7. Creamy Coconut Chicken Curry – This simple curry will impress even the pickiest of eaters. And will have your family thinking that you either a) ordered this from your local Indian restaurant or b) have taken some cooking lessons since this tastes so amazing!
8. The Keg Steaks– One of my most popular steak recipes on the blog and for these Keg Steaks. The Keg is a popular steak house here in Canada and there Steaks are pretty expensive. If you’re looking for a great steak recipe but one that is a bit different than the average butter and herb recipe that you are probably finding, then you just found it.
9. Singapore Laksa Soup– I have always loved Laksa soup, however it is a hard soup to find made well in the restaurants. I do not know why that is but it’s true. Some places have got it right while others not. So I learned to make it myself and this recipes, sure hits the spot. If you like Laksa soup you are sure to love this homemade version. Absolutely delicious! So if you’re looking for the best LAKSA soup you just found it!
10. Jalapeno Cheese Burgers – Yes you can go out for burgers and spend $10 dollars a burger that will taste nothing as good as this one. I’d rather spend $10 and make enough for four people and stay home and relax, wouldn’t you? These burgers are best made on the outside grill or inside if you have and will change your mind about going out for burgers ever again!
11. Chicken and Mushroom Pappardelle – Why go to the Olive Garden when you can make even better at home? Oh and my recipes is much healthier since we are using whole milk vs cream!
13.Vegetable Chow Mein Noodles – One of my favorite ways to enjoy Chowmein.
12. Authentic Chicken Chow Mein– Now I can’t leave out my favorite chow mein and apparently neither can my readers. This chow mein is made with fresh noodles and is absolutely delicious!
13. Vegetarian Lo Mein– Last but not least my Vegetarian Lo Mein soup for those who like to eat Vegetarian. This vegetarian lo mein is packed with loads of veggies and super tasty noodles. Then it’s all tossed together in the most delicious sauce.
14. Ginger Chicken Stir fry – This Ginger Chicken Stir Fry goes great alongside a warm bowl of Jasmine rice and can be made in less than 20 minutes ? can’t get any better than that.
15. Chinese egg fried rice with vegetables – Skip the takeout this weekend and try my homemade “Chinese egg fried rice with vegetables” instead. Made with eggs and a few frozen vegetables that make it very special.
16. Kung Pao Chicken with Brussel Sprouts – This is my take on Kung Pao Chicken, traditionally peanuts are used in this dish and most definitely you can use those instead of the cashews.
Black Pepper Shrimp
Looking for more SKIP THE TAKEOUT inspired recipes? See my Skip The Takeout page!
I’m thrilled to have you here ? if you made any of these recipe i’d love to hear about it! Don’t want to miss a recipe? Sign up for our NEWSLETTER delivered right to your inbox!
Canadian Cooking Adventures is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com